Arizona-Phoenix

Reception Site-I want to cancel!!

Hey all!I am about 6 1/2 months out from "the day".  under contract at the Mondrian for my reception.  Lately, I have been less than impressed with them.  EX- My hotel room block has not been working for over a week, and no one will call me back, despite promises to do so.  I really like the coordinator over there, but everyone else has me feeling less than confident.  I am getting worried about what else will go wrong?  Anyone have experience at the Mondrian or deal with this at your venue?  I can't stand when people don't follow up on phone calls. 

Re: Reception Site-I want to cancel!!

• edited December 2011
    I have never worked with them, but I do work in real estate, and I have been hearing several times over the past year they they may go into bankruptcy.  So if there are issues financially they may be having, you need to make sure you can get your money back in some worst case scenario. 
  • edited December 2011
    That sucks, and I don't know why this is such a prevalent problem in the wedding industry, but it is. With some places/vendors, it's like, "Oh, I gave you money, so I guess that's your cue to provide me with crap customer service." That said, if you feel you can trust the coordinator, then you need to express exactly how you are feeling to that person and get h/she to work for you. If that doesn't work, and you are still seeing red flags and not feeling confident, I would read your contract carefully and decide if it's worth it to take your business elsewhere. However, do not threaten to take your business elsewhere unless you are prepared to follow through on that threat. And by that, I mean, have a backup venue ready and waiting in the wings. Good luck, and keep us posted!
  • edited December 2011
    We had similar issues with our hotel.  If they work like mine the reservations are handled by another department that is not quite as efficient as the catering department.  I had to light a fire under the catering manager any time I had a problem with the block or room questions that were not getting answered.  I never threatened them (cause they were my last resort anyway!) but once I expressed concern to the coordinator it was fixed.If that doesn't work then you could try to threaten to leave but like celcius said, be prepared to really leave.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I really appreciate the responses.  I was having "a day" and it really helped to vent a bit. It would appear that there has been a change in staffing and the new staff person has been wonderful! So far-so good.  That said, I had no idea that the Mondrian might be struggling financially. Here's hoping that the place doesn't go under.  I think there is an out in the contract if that happens.  Take care!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards