Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Wedding Songs

What songs are ya'll using for your first dance? Are you choosing songs for everything (bouquet toss, intro of bridal party, cake-cutting, etc...)? I chose some 'unconventional' songs, so just wondering what you are all doing! Also, my dj said that most couples have a last dance where all the guests gather around the couple and dance around them.  I have not really seen that before and I am thinking it might be kind weird? Thanks!!

Re: Wedding Songs

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have chosen the Eels' cover version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis for our first dance.Our last dance is going to be just for us (like the first dance) and we're using "Stay Forever" by Ween (FI's favorite band).We're choosing songs for everything except we're not doing bridal party intro.
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do dancing so I can't help you on most of this, but, I know some people do a private last dance. Just the two of them, while the coordinator and bridal party get everyone outside for the getaway. Everyone I know that has done this said it was the best part of the wedding.
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our song was "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat.  We didn't do a last dance. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First dance: We are Man and Wife by Michelle Featherstone.We will be choosing songs for everything and we will be doing a private last dance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our first dance was Yellow by Coldplay. I think the DJ picked the songs for the garter/bouquet: Single Ladies and Let's Get it On. I chose the last song of the night to be One More Time...I have no idea who it's by. It's kind of techno and super happy "One more time we're going to cellllebraaate!". I just wanted something happy to jump around to at the end of the night with my friends. So what are your "unconventional" songs?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our first dance will be to "Good Morning Beautiful" by Steve Holy... not too sure on the guests last song, or last private song.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "Good Morning Beautiful" by Steve HolyThat's such a cute song.
  • Options
    l33annal33anna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our first dance song is going to be 'I'll be there for you" by Bon Jovi and our last dance will be our song..."If tomorrow never comes" by Garth Brooks. We will be choosing songs for the garter/bouquet toss, cake cutting, and everything in between. Our reception won't end until late at night so we decided to do the last dance and then whoever is left0ver at the end of the night will send us off!
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cherrrylll,  it is Daft Punk....I am playing that at my wedding because my friends LOVE that song and we always said anytime that any of us get married, that song has to be played.  :)
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David is choosing our first dance dance song and it will either be a song by Dashboard Confessional(Remember to Breathe is one of them...there's 2 others he chose...So Long, So Long was one) and then also You and Me by Lifehouse. I told him to choose one and let me know. Then I am choosing the last dance song(which will be private) and I will probably choose Stolen by Dashboard.I plan on choosing songs for bridal party intro, cake cutting, garter/bouquet toss. My stepdad is choosing a song for us to dance to and I'm choosing a song to dance to with my dad.
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We danced to Your Song by Elton John.
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We danced to "Come Live with Me" by Ray Charles.  There's also "Man and Wife" by Michelle Featherstone, "Lucky" by Jason Mraz/Colbie Callait, and there's a really great one by Madeleine Peyroux, but I can't remember the name of it right now.....I heard it on my Pandora station the other day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our first dance was Beyond the Sea by Bobby Darin.  We did a bridal party dance after that (DH also wanted to use Everything I Do, so I let him use it for that).  I think we used Girls Just Wanna Have Fun for the bouquet toss, and DH found a racey jazz song (I think it was called The Stripper) for the garter toss.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our first dance will be to "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait.  We love it and I've loved it since I was a little girl.   Well sorta little, when the movie came out.  :-)  It may be a little cliche but I don't think it will be dated or overused like some of the newer songs.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we're doing Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me to the Moon" for our first dance... that's all I've got so far.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MariCamMariCam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing 'I will be here' by Steven Curtis Chapman..but that's the only thing we have picked for now. We will probably pick a song for everything except the cake cutting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards