Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception ideas...

Hi ladies,My wedding is April but the reception halls' colors are creams, browns, and a sort of burnt orange color. I am kind of stuck on what bridesmaid colors/reception colors I should use. Any ideas?

Re: Reception ideas...

• Options
    Do you really think guests are going to say, "Ew, she went with pink bridesmaid's dresses even though the walls are brown"?Do you think that guests are even going to notice the color of your reception hall's walls? Do YOU remember the colors of the walls and rugs at the last few weddings you attended?Use whatever colors you want. Ask your FI what he likes, and have your BMs try on some different colors if you don't have a jumping-off point. Look on the Snippet And Ink blog for ideas. When in doubt, use neutrals.
  • Options
    Forget the colors of your venue for a moment. What is yoru favorite color  what is yoru FI's favorite color? Go with those the reception venue is neutral  
  • Options
    That can totally work with shades of green, chocolate brown, cream, maybe some reds... actually, my colors would work lol.
  • Options
    When in doubt, use neutrals.  My black and white color scheme will work in any venue, haha.  But honestly, you can probably do just about anything with those colors and it will look fine.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    mbcdefg: I didn't even read your post first, I swear.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Thanks everyone I appreciate it!
  • Options
    Your wedding doesn't have to match your venue. I honestly couldn't even tell you what color the walls or carpet were in our banquet hall. People won't notice that stuff but they will look at your table linens, centerpieces, flowers, and attire. Focus on those and create the look you want.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards