Florida-South Florida

What to do if your make up artist calls in sick?

I suggested my cousin who is not engaged  Anna Noriega for her to use during an anytime session she got from a known photographer here. She has good reviews from previous bridesr so my cousin decided to call her. She does not post because she thinks is not a big deal. On the contraty I think it is. Well, the thing is, the day of the photo shoot half an hour before she called in sick and couldnt make it. So, my cousin who is not good applying make up called me in the morning and I went to help her.Anna did giver her other phone numbers so she can call and see if any other make up artist were available. It was such a short notice and she did not want to use an unknow person so I ended up doing the make up to her.So, my question is, what brides suppose to do if something like this happens to your make up artist the day of?I know anyone can get sick but Anna not showing up was unexpected to her.

Re: What to do if your make up artist calls in sick?

• zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately... what can you do ya know? Vendors are human and can get sick. I wouldn't want her breathing in my face anyways at that point. Something like that, I wouldn't worry as much, just have someone help you out with your make-up. At least she offered some other numbers to come and help. It sucks and I worry all the time, what if they get sick or something happens and they don't make it. I say ask your vendors that question, maybe have a back up plan.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well I'm not gonna lie that's a little scary. I'm using Anna and I'm pretty sure I'd freak the F out of she "called in sick" on my wedding day. I wouldn't care if she sneezed on me as long as I looked good for the pictures......CRAP! Now I'm all nervous!!!
  • muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, you should always have a back up plan.  If it was me, I would get myself to the nearest makeup counter/salon.  Everyone would take care of you if you told them your story.That sucks the big one for your cousin.  With so many vendors to choose from, it is super important to be professional.
  • mayda<3lestermayda<3lester member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is scary and I undestand vendors are human. I'm with muddilicious on this one, I'd just run to the nearest mall make-up counter and hope for the best.
  • JaiKriBabyJaiKriBaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It happens unfortunately.  I asked my hair/makeup artist to provide for a backup artist in our contract and have them on standby in case she was sick that day.  It may seem odd at the time you are making the request, but it is perfectly reasonable.  They usually have friends/colleagues in the business that they can turn too for this.  Otherwise, I think the makeup counter idea is a great one. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards