Florida-West Coast

Working out/motivation

Okay ladies...for the past few months I have been making every excuse in the book to not start working out, or to start and then just stop because Im tired. WELLLL I just got the best motivation possible...I saw a pic of my FI ex girlfriend in a bikini...looking rather good I have to admit. SO THATS THE KICK IN THE BUTT I NEEDED!!! (and yes it shouldnt bother me but come on....it would prolly bother you too!) Seriously....I wish I didnt have to work right now so I could just go start! haha. I have arthritis in my knees so I cant do much running but Im going to start speed walking and also I downloaded some great excersise videos off demand (brighthouse), they are only 10 min a piece but if I group some together I think it would work well.I have visited the getting in shape board however those girls just make me feel like such a slacker cause they are so good at keeping on track!! haha. Any suggestions for me ladies?! Or anyone want to go at this with me, and we'll be motivation?!

Re: Working out/motivation

• edited December 2011
    I have done cardio like a mad women for ever.  The kicker was adding in weight training.  The weight just came off :) Good luck.I hear ya about the pic of the ex.  I saw a pic of two exes last week.  It bothered me too.
  • edited December 2011
    hehe I WAY hotter than both FI's exs :) (that sounds a little bad, but it's true)But I saw a pic of ME in a bikini from 2 years ago.... and yeah I need to get back into it! I need a work out partner thou... I am not ever able to do it on my own :( When FI and I worked out together (the bikini pic I saw) I did soooo well. :(
  • MrsCanes511MrsCanes511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the workout parnter thing...it always helps! I just called LAfitness and found out how to reinstate my membership, so I think Im going to take the plunge and just pay for it again....it will be worth it, and I think Ill be more inclined to go since I'm paying for it out of my own pocket! I have a list of classes that start at like 5:45 every morning, which would be perfect since I have class and work from 8am-8pm all day!
  • edited December 2011
    You're soooo brave... thats way to early for me LOL (although that is how early I used to work out at!)We just canceled out Lifestyles memebership... I have a feeling we will be getting an LA fitness one when we move to Brandon.
  • edited December 2011
    It's all about the YMCA.  And I agree a buddy is good.  I was sharing a personal trainer with a friend for months and loved that.  She bailed so now I'm going alone.  Still have motivation, just it costs more. I also suggest joining a running or tri training group.  I used to think I hated group things, but I met so many wonderful people. 
  • edited December 2011
    Moon, I ish so baldy that I could run alas I can't :( (I don't have the stamina plus my knee is all jacked up... had surgery to repair a torn minicus (sp?) and it's still no good)FI has a ymca membership (his mommy's family plan from soooo long ago) I should check it out :)
  • edited December 2011
    I just need to find the ENERGY to get there. :(
  • edited December 2011
    Jen, I love the Y because it is so relaxed, no frills and no one is trying to show another person up.  They have GREAT group classes.  I've recently been getting into spinning classes which whip your butt into shape good.  I love the YMCA in New Tampa with the 50 m outdoor pool and the Bloomingdale Y.
  • edited December 2011
    hmmm... see we have a Y in my building where I work (downtown) and I was going to join, but when I went down there I was so discouaged b/c it is tiny and HOT.I'll def. have to check out the Y in Brandon :) Thanks for the infoFI's mom does spinning, maybe I'll get a pass and go to a few classes with her : )
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Ill check out the Y too! Hopefully theres one close to me. I get so discouraged going to lafitness because everyone is so "showy" ya know what I mean? I just want to work out...not be worried about whose watching me and judging me!
  • edited December 2011
    Totally take the spinning classes with her.As for the d/t Y.  FI works out there after work sometimes, and the one in the ghetto (as he says) which has a pool.It does the job, but isn't fancy.  Check out the one in Bloomingdale.
  • edited December 2011
    MrsCanes the Bloomingdale one is at Bloomingdale and Lithia about 10-15 mins (with traffic) from where you are.
  • edited December 2011
    MrsCanes, where do you live? I NEED MOTIVATION!!!  I got my dress in on Saturday and I can not stand my arms!  I live in town n country and was thinking about joining the Westchase Shapes there, they were doing an august special for 26/mo, now that's over... (And I did not call them back) not sure what they will offer in Sept but we could look into it?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Holly! I live in Brandon. I was looking into Shapes too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards