New York-Western

Buffalo Brides--Tonawanda Castle

I just got engaged on Friday and I'm so excited to plan, marry, and enjoy my life with my fiance!

I'm located in Buffalo, NY and am curious what other brides have thought about the Tonawanda Castle. We're considering holding both the ceremony and reception there, for about 160 people. Any and all thoughts welcome!

Other suggestions of reception sites in Buffalo are great too. I'm feeling more than a little overwhelmed. :) Our budget is ~$12,000.

Re: Buffalo Brides--Tonawanda Castle

• StephyD216StephyD216 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to the Tonawanda Castle, but I know they can be on the more expensive side per person. When I was looking at venues, I remember them running around $50 per person, so for 160 people, you're already spending almost 70% of your budget on food & drinks alone! You may have to up your budget or lower your guest count to have your wedding there.

Congrats and happy planning!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont know about cost, but it looks gorgeous there! I had it as one of my top options if my venue wasn't available on our date.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • AmandaB29AmandaB29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to see it, it was amazing. I think we were quoted close to 65 a person. It was a little more than what we wanted spend. Also, we have a lot of people coming from out of town and there really wasn't much else around the area. The venue itself was awesome though!!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there last year.  It was nice, but the way the set up the ceremony was a little awkward.  The bride later told me that she should have told them to set up the ceremony 180 degrees from what it was, so if you do go with them have them set up the ceremony so guest enter in the back.  Other than that it was pretty cool.

For other sites, the Millennium hotel next to the Galleria has a buffet package for $40 pp, so it would be about 61% of your budget, but you can do the ceremony and reception at the same place and they don't charge extra for it (some hotels charge to have the ceremony there).  I believe that includes a cake and cocktail hour too (I know the sit down dinner does).  I'm having mine there and Michael is amazing to work with.

You also may want to contact Visit Buffalo Niagara.  They sent me an email saying that they will get quotes from different places for catering, locations, hotels, etc.  for free.  It sounds like it would save you a lot of time by helping you narrow down your choices to fit your budget.  I had all that planned by the time I got the email or I probably would have used them too.
  • daraetherdaraether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Question for you...I am looking to get married at Niagra Falls and was wondering if you might be able to recommend a salon that does great hair.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having a friend to mine so I can't help you, but you may want to start a new thread with your question instead of posting in one that is completely unrelated.
  • edited December 2011
    For that budget- you can do better- there are more elegant places, there are some definite aesthetic cons to tonawanda castle, like the ugly painted walls and th hideous curtains....

look into...

Samuel's

Fox Valley

Brookfield

• sforysinskisforysinski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I visited there this weekend and LOVED IT!! seriously, I visited a couple other places and this was my fiance's first place tovisit with me. We fell in love with it, they seem so helpful and go out of their way to make everything how you want it! I would definitely go check it out and see if they can help you with your budget, definitely worth a try!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards