Michigan-Detroit

Limo for short time span ?

Hey ladies,

I am looking for limo recommenations - We need the limo for only a small amount of time.  Here are my details:

Hotel - /> Photos -> Service/Reception
- Estimate that I would need a limo/car service for two hours only to take me from the hotel where I am getting ready to take some photos and then to the final lcoation where the service and reception occurs

Recpetion - /> Hotel
- Because we don't want to drink and drive my FI and I are looking for a limo/car service to take us from the reception to the hotel where we are staying after the wedding. The drive time between the two is max 15 minutes.

Any thoughts?  Does anyone know a limo service that would break up hours for us?  Or perhaps a nicer cab service?

Suggestions? Recommondations?  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Limo for short time span ?

• I ran into this same problem and my solution was to rent a school bus. I'm using first charter bus:  http://www.firstcharterbus.com/

I'm doing 2 four hour chunks (unfortunately the shortest span of time they'll do is 4 hour chunks). 2 four hour chunks is $560. We're using the bus to get us form the hotel to the venue and around the city to take pictures, then at the end of the night we're using it as a shuttle service for 4 hours to get guests back to the hotel AND us.

Just something to consider. I didn't find any limo companies that were cheaper than this for what I needed.
  • We rented cars using what the limo service called "transfers" versus "limo rental" which is generally by the hour.

We rented a limo one way from my home to the reception venue, however, there were 7 of us, so we did get a limo versus a personal car. It was based on time/distance versus a two or four hour block of time.

I then paid for another "transfer", this time simply a Town Car to pick my parents up at the reception in Livonia and drive them home to Clinton Twp, since they are over 80 and we knew would want to leave before the reception was over.

I'd say call Metro Cars, who pick people up at the airport in Town Cars and take them to a hotel, or vice versa. You don't mention how many people you are having picked up to go to the picture excursion.

You can probably get a ride from a wedding guest from the reception to your hotel when the night is over, I'd really not even bother with a rental for that if it were me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards