Colorado-Denver

When will I forget?

There are two things that didn't go right at my wedding (not bad, huh?). The first I have been able to let go of, the second I get a constant reminder of every time I look at my photos. I felt like for my budget, that I allocated a LOT for a photographer, and yet I am so disappointed with the outcome. Her other work is wonderful, I look at her blog all the time and love the photos. What happened?!? And I don't think I'm the only person disappointed with the photos, she won't blog any of my photos, yet seems to have every other wedding, family or couple up. Sorry, to vent, but I can never get the photos I want, and I will always be reminded of it!

Re: When will I forget?

• skiingstarkskiingstark member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Can I see some of the pics?Here is my little piece of advice without seeing the pics: You are your worse critic. I almost always hate pics of myself. I start looking at my fat but, my hair, etc... but then when I show other people the pics they think I look great. See what other people think about the pics and maybe they can help you see the pics in a new light.
  • edited December 2011
    ugh- I am sorry Melissa.  That sucks! 
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.meganhardrephotography.com/albums/melissa-jd.htmlI love the outside wedding party shots. But the pictures of the ceremony, reception and family could've been done by a relative with the same results. The thing that frustrates me the most (besides the rainy cold day :o) was she said the lighting in the church was perfect.....doesn't look that way to me!
  • erin48erin48 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel the same way about mine, and it still bothers me when I look at them.....I don't hate them, I am just not happy with them. I wan't ever intersted in a trash the dress session, but because of how I feel I have been thinking about doing one.............. I don't have any advice for you....I just can sympathize...........
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I see what you mean. I took a lot of photography classes and the outside pics look fabulous. But the lighting was not great on the inside pics. So to compensate for that you need to have longer exposures to get out the detail and not have everything as dark like some of the pics are. Also some of pics look a bit blurry probably cause they were not on a tripod, and when it is dark pics get blurry if they are not on one. Also it looks like she used flash to help out  with the darkness on some of the pics but flash does tend to wash out some of the color. So I always try not to use flash.It is hard taking pics on the inside with out a lot of light, I always choose to take pics on the outside or choose a spot that had a window that I used for light. But that is what we are paying a professional photographer for. Well you look great and at least you can use a lot of the outside pics for things. I am not sure I helped at all but I feel for you.
  • edited December 2011
    have you expressed your concern with the photographer? It appears that she has no experience shooting in low light situations and I would be *really* upset- those are your ceremony pictures- the most important ones!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't see the point in talking to her about it, other than getting a refund. But in the end, I still don't have what I want. She won't be getting any referrals from me, that's for sure!
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at your pictures and the blog pictures...you're right, the pictures on the blog look way different than your photos.  The bright side is, you look gorgeous and have the two cutest kids ever.  The outside ones are definitely better...her lighting was way off and you look like you're in the distance with all of them.  I know I'm not making you feel any better, I'm sorry!  I do feel a little similar though...I like my pictures, I just wish there were different shots of things.  However, that was mostly my fault because I rushed the photos at the end because all the kids were getting cranky and the weather was turning on us and about to rain.  I wish she would of been more demanding though and got a lot more pictures.  Try to look on the bright side of things...but I know that doesn't help!
  • cadenaamcadenaam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm late coming into this thread, but I just wanted to say that if you are worried solely about the lighting, photoshop is your friend.  Maybe if you let her know your concerns she can spend some time lightening up the shots that are your faves.  I bet if you ask around some of your friends or family are good with photoshop and will play with the colors/contrast/etc.  It is amazing what can be done with dark pictures.  Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards