New Jersey - South

Vendor Reviews

Hey everyone!Here are some reviews from my August 8th wedding:Reception- Cescaphe Ballroom- A++++ Cescaphe was amazing! Sooo many people gave incredible feedback on how wonderful it was. They treated us like royalty and did the same for everyone there. Photographer- Marc Anthony- A + I know he is controversial on this board, but Marc did a great job. He was there with us all day long, and took whatever pictures we wanted. Soo many of our guests also raved about him and how wonderful and fun he was throughout the day. Flowers- Fran Erase- A + Fran's work was breathtaking! Fran's husband is the matre d at Cescaphe, so we really liked that she had a vision immediately from the weddings she's done there. All of our bouquets were gorgeous, and the centerpieces were so much more than I expected. I also received many compliments on my flowers. Videography- Ken Stillman- A + We had Cindy and she was amazing! We also had the BIG show (not sure why they haven't blogged it yet...), and it went over huge! They were very unobtrusive and got so many moments on our BIG show I didn't even remember. I am so glad we booked them!Limo- Supreme Limo A- Supreme did a nice job. We had a 28 person limo bus and it was beautiful and clean. The driver was very nice; although he was a little hesitant to go some places we wanted for pictures, and so Marc and I had to persuade him which wasted some time. In the end i wouldn't change my mind; they did a great job. DJ- Dinardo Brothers- Mike Scott- A + Dinardo Brothers was amazing! The dance floor was packed the entire night. Mike did such a great job of reading the crowd! We also had props which was a good way to get everyone on the dance floor! They were simply incredible. Lily's Bridal- B + I overall had a good experience with Lily's. They gave my bridesmaid's a nice discount on their dresses. Most of the women who work there are nice, but there are a few that are snobby and it bothered me a little bit. Invitations- Invitatins by Joanne- A + She was amazing and reasonable! See her! Calligraphy-Calligraphy by Carmella A + - Carmella did my invites, bar sign, and table signs-- she was sooo reasonable and does such amazing work! Call her!Tuxes- MW- A- We had no problems! Shuttle- Yellowbird Bus Company- F We had an incredible day until the end of the night. The bus company came at midnight and only took 10 pple home out of my 125 OOT guests. When i spoke with Tom on the phone, he said they would fill up the bus and then come back if needed- did not happen. I didn't even meet the driver, but i heard she was rude to my guests and almost left without my cousin. Needless to say, I was thankful we were in the city so m y 100 OOT guests were able to grab cabs. Hotel Block- Sheraton Society Hill- F To continue the end of the night drama, we got to the hotel room, and they didn't have a room for my parents, my brother, and my cousins, even though they PRE PAID for their rooms and had a note in their file saying they would be checking in late. We also booked our hotel block in NOVEMBER. It was not a pretty site at 1 am as my parents, who funded a lot of my wedding, had no where to stay. The only thing they wanted to do for us was to take my parents/brother/cousins to another hotel. They also didn't have enough clean rooms for my guests to check in and freshen up before the reception. We had so many OOT guests that this was quite a problem. I think that's it- please let me know if you have any questions! Overall- it was the best day of my life, despite what happened at the end of the evening.

Re: Vendor Reviews

• nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I'm also using Supremen Limo and Ken Stillman...When did they play your Big Show?  I'm still trying to figure out if I should do it b/c my wedding is New Years Eve and I don't want to stop the party to show the video.  Is it done at the very end or in the middle?
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!! They generally do the BIG show during dessert. Ken said that is when they usually do because people will leave the dance floor to get dessert,s o then they are eating and watching at the same time. Cindy ( my videographer) said every single person in our wedding,k which was 200, stopped to watch it! I def say go for it if you can- it's a nice touch and something different people can remember!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I'm glad that everything went well, with the exception of the shuttle and hotel rooms.  I hope you and your family members were able to get a refund b/c that's ridiculous! If you went on a honeymooon, I hope that went smoothly! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    During dessert wouldn't be a bad idea....I know Ken's doing my wedding and he said he could edit it pretty fast so the early it plays the better. Thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards