Texas-Houston
Options

Lost

Anyone feeling like they lost the meaning of "The Wedding" in all of the planning & hustle and bustle for the big day!?!?  Found a perfect site for my ideal wedding, but having trouble commiting to it because at the end of the day I know none of that really matters.

Re: Lost

• Options
    MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes I feel that way, but then I realize it's a celebration and the planning is really for everyone to come together and celebrate with you.  In the grand scheme of things, of course it's the marriage that matters.

I theoretically could go elope with just the two of us to make it simple, but all of our friends, families, and parents watched us grow up separately and grow so much together and I almost owe it to them to let them celebrate with us.

I know the marriage means the most to the two people getting married, but don't forget about those people that are proud of you, your accomplishments and want to be a part of your big day.
  • Options
    jhribarjhribar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow - That is so TRUE!!! Thank you sooo much! Something I am truely struggling with and you said it perfectly about it being a celebration for everyone :) Especially since my family is so close!
    THANK YOU!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I believe a wedding is just throwing a big party for all of your closest friends and family to help celebrate the beginning of your new life. I really like going the "non traditional" route when planning. Think of what makes you guys "YOU" and plan from there. It will mean more in the end and it is always a lot more fun. Hope this helps :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards