California-San Diego

April v. June Wedding

We are trying to decide between an April or a June wedding date. Which month do you think has the better weather? Our ceremony is outside and the reception is on a roof with great views but only if we have clear skies. Worried about rain versus june gloom. Thoughts? Thanks!

Re: April v. June Wedding

• edited December 2011
    We decided on April over June for a few reasons: more sun, less humidity, less rain (at least from my experience), more flowers, better weather (compared to the rest of the country where our OOT guests would be coming from), less tourists, cheaper prices all around. One thing that is better about June is that it is generally a more convenient time to travel because of summer break, it's harder for parents/kids and teachers to travel in April. HTH
    ~Margaret (and Nick)~
    Post-Wedding Life Blog!
    A10 Siggy Challenge: Next Vacation Destination: San Francisco!
  • wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in April (4th) and it was one of the most beautiful days. GORGEOUS weather. Absolutely perfect. The entire week after was just wonderful too--guests that stayed in San Diego after the wedding had a great week here. June can be really gloomy, especially if its on the coast. I doubt you will see rain in April. Maybe clouds. Where exactly is your ceremony loccation?
  • edited December 2011
    I got married on June 6 and it was a beautiful day. There were a few showers the week before but it cleared up just in time for the weekend of my wedding. My ceremony and reception were in East County so there was no chance for gloom, but I agree with PP that you might have to worry about that if your ceremony/reception is on the coast. April would also be sunny but it might be a lot cooler than June.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards