Ohio-Northeast

Linens

I'm considering renting linens because my colors are pink and gold and my dress is a light gold color. My reception venue has gold chiavari chairs but only offers white linens and white napkins. Everyone else tells me I should just go with what is offered but I keep thinking that the white on white will look dull or silly compared to all the other decorations especially because there is literally NO white in our color scheme, not even my dress.For those of you that rented linens, what should I expect to pay for linens? Who did you rent from? I'm getting married in Canton/Akron area.

Re: Linens

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, people wouldn't think twice about seeing white linens. Not *everything* has to be matchy-matchy in the wedding colors. It might even be a bit of visual 'relief' to have some white to break things up a bit. White is also a nice 'clean' background for the food, I think. If you really wanted to add a splash of color to the tables, pump up the centerpieces a bit, maybe with pink/yellow rose petals, colorful candles, ribbons, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    my venue supplies white napkins and table covers...... my wedding colors are gold & white i will be renting a gold overlay 9go over the white table cloth0 and white chair covers with a gold sash... there are two places im deciding to go with either rosesforweddings or cover girlz. those are the two most discussed on this board i would have to say.

My Randomly Updated Planning Bio
    EVERYTHING FOR SALE- JUST ASK!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using L'Nique. They were recommended to me by a bunch of different people.  They have everything you could think of.  I would just make an appointment and check out their showroom and they'll give you options. 
  • edited December 2011
    One idea if you want to add color would be to get some cheap fabric in that color and jsut lay it over the white table clothes.  You could get some really neat sheer stuff, fancy, whatever.  Just cut like a 4x4 square (doesnt have to be perfect) and throw it on top.  I did this with lace and prevented me from being matchy matchy and it looked awesome.  Totally pulled the whole thing togethere.  White would have been OK...but so typical.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Party Decor in N. Royalton.  PIB.  You could get gold overlays to tone down the white tablecloths.
  • edited December 2011
    We used L'Nique and everyone, including other vendors, said that the overlays for the guests tables were one of their favorite parts of the wedding. We ended up using the hotels white tablecloths underneath and used the hotel's white napkins to balance out the vibrancy of our overlays. We paid $22 per overlay, but we only had 6 tables so it ended up being pretty cheap for us. If you want to go a little cheaper you might want to have a white table cloth with pink napkins and pink centerpieces so it's not tons of color, but you can still get a better effect than white on white would.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KR2010KR2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the replies! I'll check into some of these places!
  • knightskeyeknightskeye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I acutally bought my linens because they were cheaper to buy than rent.  I agree with pps that using an overlay would work  well and be cheaper.  You can find overlays and tablecloths where I bought my tablecloths.  Don't know what size overlay you would need, but these around $5.50 each.  If you spend more than $50 you get free shipping.  HTH!http://www.linentablecloth.com/85-square-organza-overlay-gold.html
  • edited December 2011
    what about gold chargers?  I went to a wedding that had more of a rustic look, but the groom was indian so she incorporated yellow and bright pink into the centerpieces and the menu cards were gold (like hte invitations) so the chargers looked nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards