Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP necessary?

Along with our invitation we're sending out an information card or whatever they're called about our regestries, reserved hotel rooms, ect. With this information card included we're close to our budget for invites, which leads to my question are rsvp cards nessecary to have?
Could I just include RSVP by a certain date and leave the wedding website or telephone number on the info card? 
I'm not too sure on the ettiqute of a rsvp and if we just include it on the card, how would we word it? 

Re: RSVP necessary?

• You want to leave off your RSVP card so you can include registry information? That's not okay at all. Regisry information should not be included anywhere in or around the inviations. You can put wedding website info in your invitations and registry info there. I think it's okay to ask for phone or electronic RSVPs, but you'll likely have a lot of people forget or not RSVP at all so you'll have more people to track down. 
  • Ditto Bear. Registry information is tacky in a wedding invitation. You should include RSVP cards. Not everyone is computer savvy and to me there is just something....I don't know...."off" about just having guests call to RSVP.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_rsvp-necessary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:7e1a0f5b-c510-4b09-ab71-520b1e97c512Post:28015600-17c8-428e-a540-3fb26f825603">RSVP necessary?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Along with our invitation we're sending out an information card or whatever they're called about our regestries, reserved hotel rooms, ect. With this information card included we're close to our budget for invites, which leads to my question are rsvp cards nessecary to have? Could I just include RSVP by a certain date and leave the wedding website or telephone number on the info card?  I'm not too sure on the ettiqute of a rsvp and if we just include it on the card, how would we word it? 
    Posted by mrsdockter[/QUOTE]

Skip the info card, as everyone else suggested and include an RSVP card.  You need an rsvp card and you need to include the postage on those.  You should never ever ever ever supply registry information on an invitation.  Registry information is spread by word of mouth or via your website only.
  • hm i've gotten quite a few invites recently with info cards saying where the couple is registered, and room block info.. also ones with rsvp cards not including postage and I've never heard people complaining of that. It's not too hard to find a spare stamp laying around. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards