Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

The cart before the horse.

My partner and I have been talking about getting married for a long time now. In the passed couple months though we've actually started the real planning. She's been gone to Mass. for 6 weeks while I stayed here in Florida. Though we know the main part of our whole wedding deal there was never a proposal... until yesterday. The other night I bought her an orchid plant and 2 cupcakes from our favorite and BEST cupcake shop in Jacksonville. I picked her up at the airport and we were waiting for her bags that were delayed because of the rain. She pointed out a couple who were both on phones. She told me the guy had just proposed to the woman. My stomach was all fluttery because I had the ring in my purse. We had to wait an hour for the bags so we went and got something to eat. While we're sitting there a woman is prancing around with a Bride Tiara from a bachelorette party on. We FINALLY get home and I made her wait in the car so I could put the Orchid on the table. (Our cats will eat flowers so I had to put it in the bathroom until we got home). I put the ring in the cupcake box and the flower on the table. I was DYING as she oooooed over the orchid then loved on the cats. We went upstairs and I grabbed the cupcake box and took it with us. I couldn't stand it anymore and handed her the cupcake box. So we're sitting there talking wedding talk when she opens the box. :D Lots of happiness. We were so excited that we started munching on the cupcakes and I completely forgot to get a picture of her holding the wedding cake flavored one that I bought especially for the occasion. Now I have an excuse to get more cupcakes. :D

Re: The cart before the horse.

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a really sweet proposal. Are you on the North Florida board? Most of the girls are in Jax. They always have good planning ideas if you're ever stumped.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Happy Planning! This is the first same sex proposal I've read on here!  Just curious when you talked of marriage, etc did you know which one of you would propose to the other? 
  • Options
    Stiney358Stiney358 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mofe, neither one of us discussed who would propose we actually just kinda jumped right into wedding plans. I was kinda sad that we'd skipped over the proposal so when she was gone outta town I new it was the perfect time to get everything ready to do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh okay. I think that's great that you decided that the proposal was something that you wanted to make sure was included! I bet people ask all the time what the story is b/c they still are asking me and I'm married now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grats! happy (continued) planning. =]P.S. I was born in Jacksonville (NASJax). Fortunately though, I grew up and still reside in good ol Northeast Pennsyltucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards