June 2012 Weddings

Intro (Long, Background)

Hello, June Brides!

I used to lurk a ton on TK & TN a few years ago but not so much anymore. Long story (not-so-) short: I was engaged for 1.5 years, called it off when he cheated, took time to heal, met FI, "happily ever after" ;-)  (If you want to "creep" on my former planning, I use to post under "HammysGirl"). I've started lurking on the boards more often again because FI proposed on Christmas & we're planning our wedding for 6.15.12. I figured I'd let you know who I am so I'm not some rando posting on the month board when I forget I'm a lurker. ;-) BTW, I use a lot of parenthetical inserts and emoticons; I apologize in advance.

My planning is different than a lot of brides; I'm worried that my opinion on some things may come across as "I don't care" but it's more that "I don't care... as much" :-) More background: I feel like "before", I got too caught up in the details and didn't pay attention to the fact that I was about to marry someone I shouldn't; I was too focused on the "wedding" and not the "marriage". True story: we had a 500 person guest list & $30K - at least - potential cost - W.T.F yo!! I was nuts!! As much as it suuuuuucked at the time, him cheating on me was the best thing that could have happened to either of us. We are by no means "friends" now but we are amicable (we work at the same place) and have dicscussed things since (admitted we ignored warning signs, rushed into things, are exponentially happier than we ever though possible now) Oh, life. :-)

Anywho, "this time", I'm much more thrifty & my philiosophy has been KISS (Keep It Simple, Sweetie). My focus is on my FI, our relationship and preparing for a lifetime of marriage. I love details and love planning but KISS has helped me to keep everything in perspective (especially budget) and regardless of what kind of centerpieces we have, how much I paid for my dress, what my BMs are wearing, what flavor our cake is, etc., we will be just as married at the end of the day and that is the most important part. :-)

With all that mess laid out, we can get to the fun stuff. Checks include:
- Ceremony & reception venue (predecorated, contract includes caterer, DJ & cake)
- Photography
- Dress
- Flowers (lots of bright color, lots of gerbera daisies)
- Tuxes
- BMs dress (I gave them all a differnt color - same length - & they will find any dress they want)
- Invitations
- Officiant (one of my Grandpas)

To Dos include:
- Videographer
- Wedding bands (matching bands, fingerprint wedding bands)
- Gifts for WP
- Parents' gifts
- Flower girls skirts (make tutus w/ the gerbera daises)
- Booze (we can bring our own: beer, wine & signature drink)
-Honeymoon (to take right away or not, stateside or international, long or short)
- Programs
- Grooms cake
- RD

I have seriously slacked on a wedding website but thank goodness for Pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/one2onek/i-m-a-woman-of-course-i-love-wedding-stuff/

Everyone seems very chill & nice on this board so even though I'm "tardy to the party", I'm looking forward to sharing these last few months with everyone.

Congratulations all around & happy OMG-ONLY-3or4-MONTHS-LEFT planning. ;-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

The journey of one thousand miles begins with one step.

Re: Intro (Long, Background)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards