Florida-Central Florida

We're home!

We got back from New Zealand tonight and MAN was it a long flight! Great trip, great wedding, it's all happiness here right now! I'm going to bed - NOW - so I'll post something in the next couple of days about the wedding and HM, and pretty soon I'll have vendor reviews, too. I missed you girls!!! Talk to you all soon!

Re: We're home!

• edited December 2011
    YAY!!!! Exciting! I can't wait. Get some rest and then we want ALL the details!  :)  Missed you too!!
  • jazzycazyjazzycazy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yaaaay welcome back! Hope you had a fab wedding and HM :)

xjcx
  • thedrvalthedrval member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome home! Glad you had a great time :)
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, welcome back! It sucks coming back to reality, but at least you get to come back to it a MRS. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • kenzie.lee.85kenzie.lee.85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Welcome back!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yay twin!! Welcome back Mrs!! I missed you!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! Glad it was great!!!! Can't wait to hear all about everything!
  • Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back!  Looking forward to hearing how it all went!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome home! Can't wait to hear about the wedding and trip! :D
  • edited December 2011
    Aw thanks, I missed you guys too! I'm hoping our photogs will post pics soon, and I'll give you guys the link! 

Speaking of our photogs, there were a few random, freak accidents at the wedding that we didn't find out about until the next day...
    -RB's mom slipped down the spiral stairs when her shoe broke.
    -The bathroom in the bride's room flooded toward the end of the reception. We have no idea how this happened since no one was up there.
    -A tablecloth somehow caught fire after the reception ended.
    -One of our photogs broke her foot in two places running after our getaway car trying to take pictures.

Eek! Everything else went really smoothly, though, and folks kept coming over to tell us how much fun they were having and how beautiful it was. And the first-glance moment was sooo great. The whole bridal party stood up on the balcony of that inner courtyard at Casa, and DH was waiting at the bottom of the stairs, and he just about cried when he turned around. And then when my dad came in to see me for the first time, he really did cry! Picture this big, hefty guy who carries a Dr. House-style cane crying. Ah! 

I'll write more details in the blog sometime this week, but I thought you girls would appreciate those stories!
  • cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Im so happy you're back! Can't wait to hear all about your beautiful wedding and awesome honeymoon!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh that is awesome about the first look pictures! That is one of the things I am really really excited about. Glad yours went great!!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome back!!  Can't wait to hear more and to see pics :)
  • edited December 2011
    I was just noticing the other day that it had been a little while since I'd seen a PrettyParula post!  Isn't it funny how you feel like you really get to know people you've never seen before on here?  Although I swear I've crossed paths with some of you in the craft store aisles!  But I digress, glad to have you back Alyssa!  Those are some crazy stories, but things like that are what make it even more memorable right?!  At least the broken foot wasn't for nothing ... now you have a good dinner party story for life!  Can't wait to see pics and hear the reviews!  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_were-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:203e5156-6266-4264-bc14-9aa98d38502bPost:f52f7fdc-37aa-4edf-ba2e-bcdaabc5d1d5">Re: We're home!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Isn't it funny how you feel like you really get to know people you've never seen before on here? 
    Posted by erin72682[/QUOTE]
    I know! I feel like we are all kind of a big family. Makes me happy.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_were-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:203e5156-6266-4264-bc14-9aa98d38502bPost:02e50135-a218-46b3-984d-d49f74662480">Re: We're home!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're home! : I know! I feel like we are all kind of a big family. Makes me happy.  :)
    Posted by brit21489[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too!! It's so funny because I did NOT get this whole chat board thing at all when I first started reading on here and thought it was going to be all catty and pointless. Proved me wrong!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_were-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:203e5156-6266-4264-bc14-9aa98d38502bPost:415035b9-63f1-40ad-a948-cff2ada9da58">Re: We're home!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We're home! : Me too!! It's so funny because I did NOT get this whole chat board thing at all when I first started reading on here and thought it was going to be all catty and pointless. Proved me wrong!
    Posted by Pretty Parula[/QUOTE]
    Same here! t wasn't so much that I thought people would be catty, but I was just afraid to post. I was on for a LONG time before I got the nerve. And I am SO glad I started since I love it!  :)  Especially getting to meet everyone. Everyone is pretty darn awesome on here!!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, it wasn't so much the people, just the whole idea of online conversation. I'm not really sure why, at this point, maybe because I'd seen people be all nasty to each other (perfect strangers, even) on myspace back in the day. Meh. This board has been SO great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards