Interracial Weddings
Options

Planning Updates

Hi ladies! What's been going on and how's the planning going?

For us, the guys' tuxes are paid for, all the dresses are ordered, the flowers are paid for, I got my shoes and the finishing touches for the invites.

What else have you ladies been accomplishing?
Vacation White Knot

Re: Planning Updates

• Options
    coopsbabycoopsbaby member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    I've got my photograhers booked, chapel booked and that's about it. We're doing the Vegas thing, and are going on our scouting trip next month, so I hope to get more decided then!

I am spending PLENTY of time on Pinterest getting ideas though!

Oh, I did order our cake topper the other day, and we did our engagement photos, so I'm on a pretty good track with a year to go! Your date is getting close though!

Edited for spelling!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Just bought my wedding day jewelry. Opened the box my shoes came in so I can start breaking them in. Next item of business will be gathering all the materials for the favors and assembling them, and making the ceremony music CD, and sending a program rough draft to the officiant to make sure I have the order of the ceremony correct. I haven't really done anything the last 3 weeks because I was so ahead of schedule.
  • Options
    I feel you - sometimes I feel like I'm so far ahead of schedule I should stop but then I look at the small, minute details and I just have to work on them.

I'm hoping that the week before everything will be done and I can just make some calls to confirm.

Are you using TK checklist? How many things do you have left to accomplish?
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    The last couple of weeks have been super busy. This is where we are with things:

*Invitations- We ordered just a few, and like them! We plan to order the remaining this week and send them out March 15th.

*Photographer- secured

*DJ is in the works - a friend of ours may be Djing the ceremony through his company
    *Cup Cakes- Ordered

*Hair/Make up- Secured
    *Programs- Mock up is almost done needing to jazz it up and figure out what paper to use.

*Favors- Songlist made just need to get the supplies to my gf working on them
    *Church- Deposit made and we start Marriage Couseling next month. We have our books so we started reading them already.

*Church Décor- In the works.
    *Soloist- Secured-
    *Photo Slide Show- in process
    *Reception- The venue is half paid and we hope to finish this in a couple of weeks!! (Praise him!) Now all that's left is decorations(which we will wait a month or so to purchase)

*Rehearsal Dinner- still trying to find a venue for this.

*Flowers- In the works. I have an idea of what I want just need to put it together. Our aunt plans to assemble them for us. My friend Karen plans to do the centerpieces.

*Wedding Night- Still trying to figure out what hotel to book.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_planning-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:8f440d2a-c28a-40b8-bb73-01a378b3b173Post:5ab3c3fd-7732-471b-8c76-c5390b3d6e87">Re: Planning Updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel you - sometimes I feel like I'm so far ahead of schedule I should stop but then I look at the small, minute details and I just have to work on them. I'm hoping that the week before everything will be done and I can just make some calls to confirm. Are you using TK checklist? How many things do you have left to accomplish?
    Posted by melntaitt[/QUOTE]

I'm using TK checklist. I still have to finish bouts for the guys and my bouquet (I'm doing silk), schedule my fittings and confirm the rehearsal venue (just having pizza). I think the biggest thing I haven't done is book the honeymoon, but we're still undecided on where to go. Some things I just have to wait closer to the date before I can do anything about it.
  • Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Those are great checks!

I'm trying to organize a wedding album for us and both sets of parents...  Hopefully to be done, printed, and back to us in time to give for Mother's Day.

I found TK checklist to be hit/miss when I was planning, but I used their budgeter a lot to keep track of deposits, payments, and pending payments.  :)
  • Options
    I haven't used the budgeter at all, but I never thought about it helping me keep track of deposits and such. I'll have to check that out!
  • Options
    I know a lot of brides use a spreadsheet instead... but I was too lazy to make one. ^^;;
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm not good with spreadsheets. Right now I'm using a notebook, but that will get disorganized quickly once I have more booked!
  • Options
    I joined Pinterest and started a Wedding Inspiration board, I bought my wedding jewelry, tried on a wedding dress for the first time, and we've been disscussing everything a lot more.

Not much else we can do though, until some key stuff happens.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_planning-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:8f440d2a-c28a-40b8-bb73-01a378b3b173Post:f51de1ea-d2f6-460e-890d-4429fd1bff81">Re: Planning Updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I'm not good with spreadsheets. Right now I'm using a notebook, but that will get disorganized quickly once I have more booked!
    Posted by coopsbaby[/QUOTE]

If you find TK budgeter to be not your thing, you could make a page at the back of your notebook that lists the vendor you owe money to, the payment cycle (the date each payment is to be made/amount) and then a box to check under that with the date you paid afterwards.

[QUOTE]I joined Pinterest and started a Wedding Inspiration board, I bought my wedding jewelry, tried on a wedding dress for the first time, and we've been disscussing everything a lot more. Not much else we can do though, until some key stuff happens.
    Posted by RyansBelovedBride[/QUOTE]

Even if you can't lay down a date or a venue yet, having an idea through talking/Pinterest inspiration will help you decide what direction to carry things in when you finally do.  Believe me, the hardest part is knowing what kind of feel you're going for and coming up with how to make that happen.  You'll save a lot on stress if you have that down before you start spending.

And congrats on trying on your first dress! Even if it may not have been "the dress" at first sight, hopefully you now have a better idea on what style your body rocks best or found some designers/brands to research.  :)  Or if you loved what you tried on, you have a lot of time to check up online and see if you can find it cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards