Wedding Invitations & Paper

USPS or Zazzle stamps?

Our wedding invitations are weighing in between $1.20 and $1.30.  After some research, it seems like we can either do two of the USPS $.65 wedding stamps, or a stamp from zazzle.com at $1.30 (they actually sell stamps in that size and have some cute vintage-y stamps).  My hesitation with the USPS is that it might look weird to have two stamps on the outer envelope.  My hesitation with the Zazzle stamps is that they all say zazzle.com on them and I am not crazy about it.

So my questions:
1. Has anyone done multiple stamps on the outer envelope, and did the multiple outer envelope stamps look weird?
2. Has anyone used zazzle stamps, and how noticeable was the zazzle.com on each stamp?
3. Is there another custom stamp site that anyone has experience with?

Thanks in advance!

Re: USPS or Zazzle stamps?

• I don't think two 65-cent stamps would look weird.  Nor do I think I would notice a url on a stamp (as long as it was discrete).   Honestly, postage its something people will probably even notice, as long as the envelope gets there.   
    DSC_9275
  • What about printing $1.30 stamps yourself?

^^ you can print them onto any label.
  • Just remember that the $1.30 stamps from Zazzle will cost more because of the customization.  I would just do 2 wedding stamps.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you end up using a medium or large Zazzle stamp, they are actually quite large in size and the zazzle isn't all that noticeable. But if you aren't that crazy about it I would stick to the 2 sramps. The only reason I bought the Zazzle was because I bouht during their awesome annual Thanksgiving sale. Otherwise, I could not have justified the expense.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did two 65 cent stamps from the post office.  (I used the wedding roses stamp) I didn't think it looked weird at all.
  • People don't usually notice stamps; but I do think that a decent amount of people notice if you do something unique like custom postage.

We've used Zazzle custom postage 3 times now and have gotten compliments every time we've used them.  The zazzle.com logo isn't huge and like a pp said, they stamps are fairly big.  Personally, we save the money and order the size small.  However, we've gotten lucky to catch them during sales so we're always only paid about $0.03 more for them than standard USPS stamps.

• I'm using the USPS 'wedding roses' stamps because I didn't want to pay the extra few cents for zazzle. ;)
  • I used 2 USPS stamps on our invites.  My postage was $1.08, so I used the 64 cent stamp and a 44 cent stamp.  It didnt look odd.  I bought my stamps from the USPS website, so that the colors were similar.  I used the wedding cake and wedding roses.  If you are worried about the 2 stamps standing out, just make sure the colorings are similar.
  • You can buy stamp paper from stamps.com and make your own . The post office has cute ones too. I think zazzle is a rip off, it's twice as much.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wow, I definitely didn't realize how big of a price difference there was with Zazzle, and with 145 invites, it adds up!  I'm still mulling over exactly what to do but this has all been very helpful.  Thanks for the ideas/advice, everyone!
  • I just saw a invitation where they used the zazzle stamps and the only reason I noticed that it said zazzle on it was because I was looking to see where they got the stamps so I could get some for my invitations. However you do end up paying for more then just the postage with the zazzle stamps
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_usps-zazzle-stamps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:5713821f-3c87-474f-9d4c-4384348a45e9Post:825709e5-a30d-4de0-84e0-c3bec18770b8">Re: USPS or Zazzle stamps?</a>:
    [QUOTE] However you do end up paying for more then just the postage with the zazzle stamps
    Posted by EjMallery[/QUOTE]

This is true with all custom postage websites
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards