Connecticut
Options

Is it possible

Hi Knotties!!, I'ved lived in CT all my life and to me it is very expensive! is their any way that I can have a budget wedding in CT. (by budget I mean 10k-12k). If you guys have any idea how to have a very nice wedding with this budget pleaseee give me some ideas ? I want to have a sit down dinner with hor d'oeurvres.
   -thanks in advance =)

Re: Is it possible

• Options
    also the guest list is around 80 people
  • Options
    YES...my best friend had her wedding for about 11k.  They had 96 people.  (I know cause I helped her with the seating chart).

counting down to the big day
  • Options

Thanks Missmarry2013 do you know of any vendors she used or how she pulled this off ?

• Options
    It's really not that hard to do. First, sit down and make a realistic list of things you have to pay for and their cost. Use the knot's budgeting tool to get an idea of what things go on that list, but don't use the $ amounts they give you - it uses %'s based on budget that are complete crap IMO. Everyone's budget is different. You can use that as a guide to see what get's cut right away.

Easiest way to cut costs: get married in the off season or on friday or sunday. I'm getting married on a Saturday but was able to negotiate deals will all my major vendors because December is the "off-season."

Also, don't be afraid to DIY. I saved $1,000 on stationery and paper products through DIY and VistaPrint Groupons versus using a printer.

What part of connecticut are you hoping to get married in?
    image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

the stamford area maybe new haven it depends I am willing to travel, the hardest part I'm having is fitting the reception into budget

• Options
    Yes, it's possibly. I live in Stratford and am having a fairly cheap wedding.

We are having our reception at Oronoque Country Club in Stratford and they have many packages. Also, if you get married on a Friday or Sunday you get 10% off. 

• Options
    I found that CT venues were too pricey for the amount of food they give you. I decided to have my wedding in New Rochelle, NY. The NY venues cost much less and provide SO MUCH more food! a lot of the places are owned by italians or greeks so they know how to impress my crazy italian/NY-based family! I already went to a tasting at my venue and the food was out of this world. I looked at 13 places total (5 or 6 in CT) and decided in the end that NY was the better bet. Good luck with your search!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'll probably start contacting vendors after the holidays to get some pricing?!? Thanks demkoj1 and Jessica I will start looking in the New Rochelle area as well! Good luck ladies :)
  • Options
    Cascade in Hamden is very reasonable, especially off season.  They are really nice to work with. 
  • Options
    the italian center, stamford. my friend had her wedding there with only 60 people. It was lovely. Sealed
  • Options
    We're doing it! I did SO much research before we made decisions. We're hosting our reception at a resteraunt attached to a small golf course, which is saving us so much money! We also decided to DIY flowers, I bought my dress from a consignment shop in Glastonbury, etc.

We prioritized what was important and found alternatives for the things that aren't as important to us. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards