Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Song Help!

I'm trying to nail down some of the details for our DJ song list & I'm having a hard time deciding on some of them.  So I thought I'd see what you all did/plan to do, for the following...

Grand March entrance
Groom & Mother dance
Garter toss
Bouquet toss
Last Dance

TIA ladies!  = )

Re: Song Help!

• edited December 2011
    Grand March entrance: Kinda wanted Huey Lewis and the News: Do you believe in love- just  goofy upbeat song and Thom loves Huey Lewis

Groom & Mother dance- he's not sure yet if he wants to do one

Garter toss-not doing
    Bouquet toss
    -not doing

Last Dance-not sure if it is a good idea to end on a slow song, but one of the last songs I want played is Norah Jones- the long day is over

Bonus:Cake Cutting song:
    as of now it is One Republic- Good life
  • nordkenordke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grand March entrance- Reel to Reel "I like to Move It" (FI kids love the movie Madegascar and always dance to this song when it comes on, so it's really more for them than anything)

Groom & Mother dance-Not doing

Garter toss-Not doing

Bouquet toss-Not doing

Last Dance- Purple Rain
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grand March - Van Halen's Right Now
    Groom/Mother - Molly Pasutti - the Man you've become (gag - but MIL got to pick and that is what she chose)  I danced to Trace Adkins' Then They Do which could totally work for a guy and his mom too.
    Garter Toss - didn't do it
    Bouquet Toss - Beyonce Single Ladies
    Last Dance ended up being Billy Joel's Piano Man.  I didn't pick it, it just was what the DJ played.  Ended up being a big giant sway fest with a giant group hug.
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grand March entrance
    Love and Marriage by Frank Sinatra as our MC announced everyone... a bit hokey, but it worked well  :)

Groom & Mother dance
    We combined our parent dances into one and procrastinated on picking something until the morning of!  We ended up doing some Taylor Swift song that was ridiculously long, so I don't recommend it!

Garter toss
    Didn't do

Bouquet toss
    Didn't do

Last Dance
    Massive karaoke to Don't Stop Believing
  • mlschn06mlschn06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great post! I need help on these songs as well and if anyone wants to throw in what their first dance was as a married couple I am looking for options for that as well :) I only have about 2 weeks to go and I have been totally slacking in this area! THANKS!
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is an acoustic version of Bless The Broken Road, by Rascal Flatts.  That's "our" song!  = )

Also, I have a list of all the songs we're giving our DJ in my bio under Lists/Music Selections, if anyone is interested!  = )
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1st song = Keith Urban's Making Memories of Us. 
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late to the convo (I was on vacation..) but I love music threads, so I thought I'd contribute!

Grand March entrance -  (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To - Weezer

First Dance - "Only You" by Joshua Radin. Super cute, fitting lyrics, and one of the shortest songs we found!

Groom & Mother dance - Didn't do.

Father/Daughter dance (you didn't ask, but I felt like sharing!) - "The Outsiders" by Needtobreathe. It is fun and upbeat, in a mellow alt rock sort of way, and although it's not specifically about a father and daughter, some of the lines in the song just really spoke to my dad and I.

Garter toss - "You're the Best Around" from the old Karate Kid soundtrack. My FI is a total nerd and pretty much demanded that song. "Eye of The Tiger" was a close second.

Bouquet toss - "You Can't Hurry Love" by Phil Collins. It was originally an old motown song, and a million different people have done it, but I have a particular affinity for Phil Collins.

Last Dance - We were originally going to do this slowed-down, acoustic version of "Hey Ya" by a band called Obadiah Parker... but by the time the DJ was shutting down the only people left on the dance floor were the bridal party and a few other close friends, so we ended up choosing "God of Wine" by Third Eye Blind at the last minute. It's one of those songs that we just all love and will blast on the radio during car trips and sing at the top of our lungs together, so we did the whole group-hug-sing-and-sway thing. It was kind of cute.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards