Wisconsin

Ceremony Site??

My wedding is Oct 20, 2012. the trouble I'm having is where to have to ceremony. I'm having the reception in the downtown appleton area at Fox Banquets. They do ceremonies also but not very big ones and I would like to give all our guests the option to come to the ceremony.

We have looked at the Outer Edge but my fiance wasn't too impressed. I'm at a loss as to where else to look. I've tried searching places online but really don't have too many options.

Am I being too picky? Would an outside wedding be too cold? Wondering what other brides have done in the fox valley!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

Re: Ceremony Site??

• wimeredithwimeredith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In WI a wedding in October may have snow, rain, 90 deg, 40 deg, or everything in between. So just to play it safe, I'd stick to indoors. I'm in GB and I'm sorry, I don't have any ideas for sites, I just thought I'd comment about location. Good luck!
  • kathleenkmmkathleenkmm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    An outside wedding may be cold - what if you did a park pavilion? Could you use the chapel at Lawrence?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I could be wrong, but I looked into the chapel and I dont think they allow rental for weddings. people often take pictures in front of it, but i dont believe its available. Icould be wrong, that i just what I found when I looked into it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a ceremony at Smith Park in Menasha and it was beautiful.  There is a gazebo with seating.  There is then a building across the street where the bride and her bridesmaids got ready and walked out of.  I would definitely check it out!
  • ebuchanan89ebuchanan89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Warch Center at Lawrence?  They have big rooms on the lower level, with beautiful views of the Fox River.

You are looking for a ceremony only location?  I can't think of any church type places, and I am not sure of other venues that would do just a ceremony without the reception part too. 

What about the PAC; Trout Art Institute - nice open space with a staircase you can come down; Paper Valley Hotel; Institute of Paper Chem rents out the bottom level for weddings; Hawthorn House does weddings, too, and it is already decorated.  What about the Castle museum?

I would stick with indoors - I distinctly remember dressing my kids in winter jackets/hat/mittens/scarves for one Halloween not that long ago.  The next year - no jackets needed.

Good Luck!
  • allegratreeallegratree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try Medina Wedding Chapel (@15 min west of Appleton), or Cornerstone Chapel in downtown Appleton.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards