Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

should this be on the ettiquette board?

hey girls,

rehearsal dinner question. Do the dates of my in-town wedding party attendants get invited to the rehearsal dinner? I understand inviting my out of town attendants dates so they are not just stuck in the hotel room but what about the in town people?

Re: should this be on the ettiquette board?

• Options
    Personally, I am inviting all of my wedding party members' dates to the rehearsal dinner (in town or out of town). I think you should either do all or none. I always try to look at things the other way around, and I would be a bit disappointed if FI was invited to a RD without me while we were dating.

Also, I think most of the girls here would advise against posting on the E board unless you're prepared for some snarky/critical remarks.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Anyone invited to the RD should be allowed to bring a SO.
  • Options
    yea thats what i was thinking.

oh and the ettiquette boards are brutal which if funny because I doubt all the "experts" on there follow these rules and are ettiquette teacher in their daily life.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_should-this-be-on-the-ettiquette-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4c98ebd4-5b49-4c7c-a0cb-65ab8efc0be1Post:37f3a1bd-6229-41b9-a880-3e89cf87d865">Re: should this be on the ettiquette board?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I am inviting all of my wedding party members' dates to the rehearsal dinner (in town or out of town). I think you should either do all or none. I always try to look at things the other way around, and I would be a bit disappointed if FI was invited to a RD without me while we were dating. Also, I think most of the girls here would advise against posting on the E board unless you're prepared for some snarky/critical remarks.
    Posted by ejheart[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I think if I was in the WP in-town and I showed up and other's got to bring their SO's I would be kind of put off. I think everyone's SO's should be invited.
  • Options
    They don't necessarily need to be at the REHEARSAL (in fact, having extra people can make the rehearsal hard to manage), but yeah, they should definitely be at the dinner.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Unfortunately, my budget for my wedding is a bit bigger than my grooms budget for the Rehearsal dinner. We have decided to invite significant others only to the rehearsal dinner. There are enough single groomsmen that they will have each other and it was a necessary to keep the expenses down. Plus, I can just see these guys going out and finding the first girl they can just so that they can use their "I need a date card", this is going to sound messed up but our rehearsal dinner is not a place to try out a "first date". With that said, if they are dating someone say, for more than a week (lol), then by all means, the more the merrier!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards