Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

DJ Recomendations and other stuff!

Hey Guys...I'm getting married in May and lately have been getting a lot done. However, I'm wondering if any of you have recommendations for a DJ. I haven't really had luck. The one that I've contacted has very poor communication, so he's out. I'd like to keep it under $500 and make sure they are not too cheesy! Also, they need to have their own equipment since we are getting married outside (tentatively) @ Townsend Park and need the sound equipment for the ceremony.Also, I'm looking for white linen table cloths for the picnic tables that are inside the enclosed shelter. They are 6 ft picnic tables and 20 of them. I've found ones online for like $8 a piece, but am wondering if there are any places around that would rent them for cheaper?As for flowers, I want to do my own. I'm going to do Gerber daisies so it shouldn't be too difficult. Has anybody used J's Flower Shop on Plainfield? It's a cool concept, you can make the bouquets there the week of the wedding and they will store them for you too. I think that's what I'm going with.Thanks for all your help!~Sarah~
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DJ Recomendations and other stuff!

• Options
    farmgirl82909farmgirl82909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sarah,I just got married at Fallasburg park but my parents live right around the corning from Townsend park. I have some suggestions for you.For a DJ we used Soundtastic DJ his name is Dan Plew he's from Sparta and he did a wonderful job he keeps in touch very well via phone and email and we had him for $495 for as long as we wanted him. His email is soundtasticdj@yahoo.com. He was great for us. I don't have any suggestions for table linens for you sorry.I did use J's Fresh Flower Market and Janette was wonderful, I had originally started with Julie, who is no longer there, and she had ordered the wrong color flowers and I had also used Gerbera Daisies and Janette fixed it and ended up making my bouquet for me and didn't charge me at all and they were beautiful. I loved it there everyone was so nice and I would recommend them to any DIY bride or someone who is working on a budget, they were great. Hope this helps, Happy Planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sarah!!!  We are using Best Choice DJ Service.  He is actually a friend, so, I know his work already, and, he is great!!!  His name is Rob Kingma (269)792-2047.  He does have all of his own equipment.  I think his regualr rate is $450-$500.  He actually does the Weds nite kaoroke(sp?) at Champs in Middleville, also.  He is a really fun and outgoing guy.My MOH and I just did our "classes" at J's Fresh Flower Market, and, we had a blast!!!  I am scheduled to assemble everything the Thurs B4 my wedding.  Brenda is helping us, and, she is great!!!!  I am having6 bouts, 1 corsage, and, 5 bouquets, and my total is just over $200.HTH
  • Options
    SarahRN2005SarahRN2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your help! I just sent an e-mail for the DJ, so we'll see! I always love getting recommendations. Also, thanks for letting me know how J's flower shop is too. They were very nice when I went in there. I think I will definitely use them for my flowers. The nice thing is that they are so close to where everything will be happening on my wedding day, so that makes things easier too!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,We are using Bernie from Double B Extreme DJ.  He's only charging us $400 for the night.  His email is Bernie at doublebextreme.com.  His website is doublebextreme. comGL
    sad
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards