Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

OMG

So, today I was with my room-mate and her daughter searching for homecoming dresses..we stopped into a wedding/formal dress boutique and they talked me into looking through wedding gowns (even though our wedding is set for Oct. 2011...and I kept saying its TOO early!)..so I looked through..found one I liked that was in a size way too big..but i really REALLY liked it so I tried it on anyway...and OMG I want it..I want it soooooo bad. It was so beautiful..and pretty, and gorgeous..it was exactly what I want. It is THE dress. Of course I will have to order it..and don't have the money right now (its only $530..and prob wont need much alteration if any.) It takes about 6 months to order one. So..I guess I should start 1. going to the gym and 2. saving money! God I wish I had taken a picture to post :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OMG

• Options
    what's the designer and style?
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The dress is made by Venus...I am not sure about the style # though..I looked online and couldn't find it on their website..I found some that were similar but not the exact dress.
  • Options
    Its never too early to start looking! I have been out twice and I think I have found the one!!! I am a 2011 knottie too!! GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    This looks kind of like the dress but..here its shown in ivory...and that flower thing wasn't on mine...the pick ups in the back of this dress also look a little different but that could be just because I am shorter than the model....what do you guys think? It was so slimming on me!http://www.venusbridal.com/detail.php?did=801
  • Options
    the dress is beautiful! and that's awesome that you found a dress so easily, but be careful! there's a ton of stories of ladies selling their dresses because they picked it too early and it ends up not going with what they want for the feel of their wedding. HTH
  • Options
    very pretty! Make sure you try on more than just that dress so you can compare and make sure it's the one.  You want to enjoy trying on a bunch of dresses too, it's all part of the fun!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well...This is like the exact thing that everytime I look at dresses...I am attracted to..I won't be able to buy it anytime soon but she said it would take about 6 months to order it and then I still have to leave time for any alterations so..by the time I can afford it..it will be time to buy. I know what I want for my wedding..I just don't have a location picked yet because I want an outside event but my budget is kind of small...($5000) which that isn't including the price for my dress...and our rings are already paid bought (not completely paid for yet)...I also  plan to have a very simple reception menu...things we can do at home and my aunt is making my cake.
  • Options
    Sounds like you have some pretty good plans made! I wish i did, i feel very behind. I love the dess, and its a steal for 530!!
  • Options
    Yes...most of the big stuff is planned for...we just haven't made any FINAL decisions or purchases..I know who I want as my photographer (Ana Edwards) http://anaedwards.smugmug.com/and she is relatively expensive, especially for my budget..but thats why I am going for a simple made at home menu..which means my locations are also limited because I don't want a caterer...if I do catering..it will probably be something like BBQ..because this man I know makes like THE BEST...and that would be something simple requiring only chips (maybe some dip) to complete the meal and desserts...We have picked our colors...red/black/white...I haven't looked at florists or flowers..but I think I have plenty of time so I am in no rush..as I said nothing is set in stone..my next project on the agenda is to find the right place...I've even thought about doing it at my mom's in her front yard. I could put up a privacy fence on one side of the yard and have everything facing that way (so you don't see the neighbors houses etc.) It would be plenty big for our wedding (about 200 people). And..free..except for chair, table, and tent rentals..so its an option I am thinking about...
  • Options
    http://www.venusbridal.com/detail.php?did=719 actually........I searched enough..and this is the EXACT dress I tried on...I said there were some things different about it..(the flower...the pickups were a little diff)
  • Options
    OOPS...that last link didn't work ...here ya go!!    http://www.venusbridal.com/detail.php?did=719
  • Options
    the dress is beautiful...and i really mean that because i am very simple when it comes to dresses as far as the glits and glams and things...but anyway ...love it..and i know ur going to look gorgeous....congrats on finding THE ONE! :)
  • Options
    Nice dress, however you should seriously wait a while before purchasing.  You are 2 years away!  Styles will change, and your tastes will change.  Dress shopping is so much fun, but when it's over, it's OVER!  Do you really want to end it now?  Keep the dress in mind, but please wait at least another year.
  • Options
    I have to agree with the OP, I really think it is great that you had fun and found a dress you love, but you have so much time.  You really should wait until a year out to buy the dress.  If you still love this dress in a year than go for it...but for now enjoy being engaged and take your time planning.This is just an opinion from another bride having a two-year engagement.
  • Options
    Well...I wouldn't buy it for at least another 6 months..or more..I'd have to save the money first. I intend to shop around..just to try on different styles..but something tells me that I will end up going back with that one..I am definately not in a rush...but having it on I felt like it was made for ME. The consultant at the store said it would take 6 months for it to come in once ordered...and I still need time for alterations that may be needed...so I don't want to wait until the last minute to do it either..
  • Options
    I would have killed for that feeling of "it's THE dress" so I say go for it... If you have to order it, they should be able to order it in your size... even if you do lose weight, it's easier to alter down rather then up...but definitely do NOT order a dress that is more than 1 size too big or too small.  They can alter likely one size bigger but it is WAY to small then you are pushing your luck. 530 is  good price, you should be able to put half down not and half later...
  • Options
    just make sure you STOP LOOKING if you buy the dress. you don't want to spend the money and find something else later down the road. that means no online browsing, no "stopping in" to bridal salons, and no drooling over the dress sections in magazines. you know your feeling about the dress, and you should go with your gut. but be careful. also, if you wait until the next collection comes out the price may be reduced...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards