Flowers

Are white bouquet's too boring?

Hey there ladies...I'm having a bit of a dilemma regarding color coordination. My colors (as of now) are black and blue(royal). I'm having my bridesmaids wear black tea length desses and I thought having them carry white bouquets would gorgeous. However, I can't help but wonder...is a white bouquet for the ladies too boring? If my colors are indeed black and blue, shouldn't I at least have something be blue (either dress or flowers) on the bridal party. Should I change my colors to black and white? to black and something else? What are your thoughts! Thanks!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are white bouquet's too boring?

• AKSGRLAKSGRL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm envisioning a cascade of white lilies for my bouquet. I think it'll be gorgeous. I also think the white will really pop in front of a black background.
  • kwelder1kwelder1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how about the light blue hydrangeas? It's not royal blue, but you could wrap a royal blue ribbon around them.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I do'nt think they're too boring. I think you should go with what you envision, not feel you have to use blue/put blue in the flowers/on the bridal party somehwere, etc.

I think bouquets can be interesting & beautiful with texture & arrangement even when they're monochromatic.

http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0050522/large_image.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wedding_prod/photos/bouquet_flowers_780_10_m.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5v3MX27hG9I/Sl3_m769QVI/AAAAAAAAAp4/RZwAJMOu-CE/s400/all+white+bridesmaids+bouquets+wedding+in+austin.jpg

If you want to add some black, anemones commonly have black centers, like in this pic:

http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0047052/large_image.jpg

"Blackberry twigs gave an interesting shape to the anemone and ranunculus bouquets" -The Knot
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What about wrapping the stems with the blue? It seems like the blue is the less important color to you. Just a touch of the blue, in the ribbon wrapping the stems, would tie in any other blue you are using. Maybe your BMs could wear a touch of blue in their jewelry? And, no, I don't think it is boring.
    Anniversary
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the white bouquets would look gorgeous and really pop against their dresses. I wanted an all white bouquet or a cream colored bouquet but I thought it would blend too much with my wedding gown.
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on your flowers you could accent some blue flowers with your brideamaids, or even bouquet jewelery with blue and black stones to accent your colors. My flowers are calla lillies, my colors are Pool (light blue) and white. My bridesmaide bouquet will be wrapped in white ribbon and my bouquet will be wrapped in pool color ribbon with rhinstone bouquet cuffs and crystal bouquet jewelery.

Good luck!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great suggestions! I don't know why I second guess myself sometimes...I think I just see so many other brides use bright colors in their bouquet and I wonder if that would be my style too...I think I'm going to lean toward keeping the white bouquets and incorporating the blue jewelry and blue bouquet handle. Thanks again!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    have all white for your bokay and add just a bit of color for your bridesmaids. When you look back at the pictures they will be much prettier pictures .A lot of girls do all white because it's easier than coming up with a bokay with colors in it.  Your florist should be able to show you what it will look like up against a black background.
    so yes,I think and all white bokay for your bridesmaids is  boring .
  • edited December 2011
    I think white flowers are very classic and elegant. My bridesmaids and I are all carrying white calla lilies (though my flowers will be different than the bridemaids).  My bridesmaids are wearing gorgeous silk black and white dresses and I couldn't see throwing together a colorful bouquet which would take away from the polished look I was going for. I think you'll be really happy with your choice.
    Photobucket
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a cascade of white gardenias and stephanotis with some greenery mixed in when I married the first time.  I do not think white bouquets are boring at all.  Go for it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards