Arizona-Phoenix
Options

***mresendez***

Hey Mal,My shower was great and I can't believe it's all over.  We've had quite a few showers among my friends here and somehow we always find a way to do something different at each one.  My closest friends that were there made me a photo book from Shutterfly and each one put a personal message on their page.  It is awesome.How was yours?  I honestly cannot believe how fast the time has flown and how little time we have left.  It seems like there's so much to be done but it's all little stuff. 

Re: ***mresendez***

• Options
    mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am totally with you on the lots of little stuff! I have pages of things left on my checklist, but nothing big. I much prefer doing the big stuff though, so I'm having a hard time getting to those small details. I'm glad you had a good shower! That book sounds like a great idea! I think I will do something similar for my parents' gift. My shower was wonderful! We had a good turn-out and we all had a great time. I even got my KitchenAid mixer (cue happy dance!). I felt really lucky to have such generous family and friends. My FMIL and FSIL were relatively well-behaved during the shower, but I guess they ripped into FI about me later on that night. I think some people are just determined to be unhappy. I have learned that I cannot control that! We hit our 50 day mark a few days ago! Can you believe it? And as of tomorrow, I will definitely be telling people that "I am getting married NEXT month!". What's left on your to-do list? Mine is mostly reception stationary (programs, food labels, etc), writing our vows, gifts for everyone involved, and figuring out everyone's timeline.
  • Options
    kellytupkellytup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe that your FMIL was saying bad things about you to your FI.  That's horrible.  That's awesome that you got the mixer.  I'm really hoping to get the Dyson vacuum that we registered for, although I can't see anyone buying us an expensive vacuum, but you never know.The biggest things I have left are finishing the centerpieces, doing the placecards, and getting the remaining candy buffet candy.  I've been doing the seating chart on Wedding Wire as I get RSVPs and I'm not going crazy yet.  Hopefully my good spirits will continue.  I really can't believe our weddings are next month.  It's really crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards