Wedding Reception Forum

what do you think about this...

I have not set a wedding date yet but I love the planning and looking for new ideas.  What does everyone think of having a wooden boat paddle for a guest book? Everyone could sign the paddle and then it could be hung on the wall. My fiance and I love to go fishing and thought that this would be something sentimental that we could use as a decoration in our home for years to come.

Re: what do you think about this...

• I think it's cute and meaningful to you and that's what matters! Go for it!
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • To me-a book is wasteful as a guest book-unless maybe you do a photo album. The paddle will be useful and will symbolize your relationship. Definitely go with that idea!
  • Thank you girls! I really appreciate it! I think that will definitley be our guest book! : )
  • I think that's an awesome idea! I've also seen a lot of signature plates and frames lately as well.
  • I think its a really cool idea! i like that its different!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicMarch Siggy Challenge
  • I had a bridesmaid 8 months pregnant. All my girls wore David's bridal Style: F12284. The front has a slit under the extra fabric. It worked great because it expanded, but could also be taken in after delivery. All the other girls loved it too, and they have all worn it to different occasions since (Live in different states!) good luck!
  • very very very cute idea!!!  I hate guestbooks and I wanted something I could display and see all the time so I got a frame with a large mat. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love that idea!! That sounds really unique and would definately stand out in your guests minds even after the wedding was over. It sounds like a great way to keep a small piece of your wedding displayed in your house for years to come instead of a guest book that will just get put away and forgotten about. Our photographer is making photo album of our engagement pictures (20-40 pics w/ blank pages) that we are using for our guest book. This way more than 1 engagement picture can be seen and we can keep the book of pictures with signatures and well wishes with our wedding album. We like that these pictures will get to be seen and it's not the same boring guest book that you see at most weddings.
  • i love the idea! i think it's really personal and reflective of you as a couple, which is what the wedding should be. DH and i used a coffee table book filled with beautiful photographs of places around philadelphia (our hometown and location of the wedding). we got compliments on it all night! do what makes sense for YOU, (for the whole wedding, not just this), and your day will be beautiful!
  • thank you so much for all of the positive responses! since it was something that popped into my head, I wanted to make sure that it didn't sound like a silly idea! thanks again!!
  • I think that is an AWESOME idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards