South Carolina-Charleston

DJs

Ok girls...I am clearly not focusing on work today! Whoops! I'm looking for a DJ that will keep the party going - one where everyone said they loved the music, or they did not want the reception to end. What have your experiences been with local DJs? Any recommendations or folks I should stay away from?

Re: DJs

• edited December 2011
    Hey again. Lee Edwards and Jay Maxwell alsways seem to get the best reviews and I think are the 2 main companies in town. Jay is about a bit cheaper and supposedly does a great job at training all of his DJs so I am using him. Think this post from a couple weeks ago will help as well http://charleston.weddings.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=61435455
  • edited December 2011
    We used Jay Maxwell and our DJ was Rhett Bledsoe, he did a great job; kept the "cheese" to a minimum and really tried to help get people out to dance - we didn't have much of a dancing crowd...jerks made me dance by myself at first!
  • edited December 2011
    Has anyone used Rob Duren?
  • edited December 2011
    Jason at http://www.musicandkaraoke.com/musiclists.htm#WeddingsHe's my fiance. :) His boss Steve is doing our wedding in March.
  • samanth55samanth55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Rob Duren!! LOVE HIM! He was fantastic. We had him come on from 9:30-12:00 to finish the night off (had a jazz band on before), and people were on the floor the entire time he spun. No joke - out of a 75 person wedding, at midnight 55 people were still on the floor dancing. He is friendly, flexible, and really feels the crowd. I cannot rave enough about him!! My only guidelines were no cheesey music, and to at some play the song from Slumdog Millionaire, and he totally ran with it :)
  • edited December 2011
    We used Carolina Mobile Music and they were superb!  The dj kept the party going and we paid him for playing for an additional hour because everyone was having so much fun.  He also did a great job coordinating with the caterer and photographer so that everything flowed very smoothly.GL!
  • MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Jay Maxwell and Ron Pringle of Jay Maxwell's Music by Request! Jay did my wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards