Indiana

Any other pregnant brides???

I'm getting married December 19th 2009, however my first baby is due October 12, 2009. Alot going on I know. I'm just wondering if anyone is in a remotely similar situation. I can't really try on wedding dresses until after the baby is born, I have some ideas, but I won't know what they look like until I can see them on. I've had many bridal shops tell me I "can't" wait until the baby's born. I guess I'll just be restricted to buying off the rack.

Re: Any other pregnant brides???

• edited December 2011
    Congrats! At least you aren't getting married in the high season, a place like David's might be able to get a dress in for you.  Mine was supposed to take 4 months and was here in like 4 weeks. Did you get pregnant after you were engaged/picked your wedding date?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip! I figured they might be my best bet in the end. And Yes, we set a date in January and found out mid-February about the baby.
  • edited December 2011
    My sister had a baby a month before my wedding and she felt great!  Good luck with everything.We actually ordered her dress while she was pregnant.  David's helped us-they said they have worked with several pregnant brides and bridesmaids. 
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like David's is gonna be the way to go. I was just afraid or ordering it now and wanting a totally new dress by December. I think I need to just make the decision though. Thanks for all of your help. The dress I had in mind was PE8120 I tried it on pre-pregnancy and I really liked it. The other one I had in mind was totally different and It would be way more difficult to get my hands on it's Impressions Bridal 3003.Again thanks for the help!  
  • edited December 2011
    We tried my sisters on very shortly after she got pregnant.  They had us buy one size bigger than she normally wears just to be safe and it fit perfect a month after having the baby. Looks like you have a couple months where you go lose weight, but I would still go with one size bigger than you were pre pregnant because their wedding dresses typically don't have a lot of extra fabric for it to be let out.
  • edited December 2011
    Very pretty dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!!! I'm feeling so much better about this, it's so good to know it's worked out for other people. Now I just have to figure out colors! Yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards