Wisconsin

Savvy & Eva's

Hi ladies -I've started looking at dresses and am trying to find local salons that sell Maggie Sottero.  The two names I'm recognizing on Maggie Sottero's site are Savvy Bride and Eva's Bridal.  I've got a few specific dresses I really want to try (in a few months).  If I make appointments at either of these places and ask to try on a specific style of dress, will either of these places allow me to do so?  Or do they not allow brides to know the designer of dress you're trying on?Thanks!

Re: Savvy & Eva's

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I would go to Savvy. I brought in pictures and they got those exact dresses out for me to try, very accommodating. I only went to Eva's on a whim and they do not tell you the designers of the dress. Savvy is great, try there! Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    Hartland Bridal on Capital Drive in Hartland also carries Maggie Sottero.  I went there last weekend to try some dresses on.  They are a small place and very friendly and seem great to work with.  She also excepts walk-ins which is unusual for most places.  One word of advice I would give is if possible call the places  you know that carry Maggie Sottero and ask them if they have in their shop the specific style you are looking for.  Hopefully then you can pick the place to go to that has the most styles you are interested in to cut down on having to go to multiple places.  I know Hartland didn't have all styles I wanted to try on so I am going to try to go do Saavy and see if they have them.  Good luck.  Maggie Sottero dresses are beautiful.  I like so many I tried on now the task of choosing.
  • edited December 2011
    I would also go to Savvy, they let you know the name and style number of the designer and they will meet/beat most prices, so you will get a great deal there as well.The girls there are so awesome and it is a women owned business!I got my dress there and have been very happy with the service. We also got the bridesmaid dresses there and if you buy your wedding dress there you get all sorts of other deals. For example, I got $25 off the bridesmaid dresses since I bought my dress there and 10% off all accessories.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Eva's will not tell you the designer till you buy the dress. You can even call Savvy and ask if they have the sample or ask if they can order a sample. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I got my Maggie Sottero dress at Berrati Bridal in Germantown. They will tell you right off the bat which dresses are by which designer, as well as which dresses are more expensive than others. That was really helpful since it was the first place I tried on dresses. I LOVE Maggie Sottero dresses. They are so flattering!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • pengy_wipengy_wi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a question. Why won't Eva's tell you the desiger? Just seems weird to me. I'd go to Savvy, they were able to fit me in on a whim when I called on a Saturday and were so nice about it.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am guessing they won't tell you the designer so you can't price shop easily.  That is the reason I could think of.I had the similar experience at Amelishan bridal a couple years ago when bridesmaid dress shopping for a friends wedding.  We ended up walking out because of it (and the lady was rude).  Before spending hundreds on a dress, I want to know who the designer is.  But maybe that is just me...
  • jackie8582jackie8582 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is Savvy? Is there one near Green Bay? I haven't started shopping yet but when I do, I would like to have more options than just David's Bridal.
  • edited December 2011
    Savvy is in Brookfield, WI... which is about 30 minutes due West of the city, there is only the one location
  • edited December 2011
    "the city" being Milwaukee
  • SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the advice.  I will definitely give Savvy a call when it comes time to go dress hunting.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Eva's with some specific Alfred Angelo dresses that I was looking for and had no problem. They looked through the catalog with me and were able to tell me which ones they had and help me get them to try on. I'm sure they would be able to do the same with your designer. I ended up buying one of the Alfred Angelo dresses that I was looking for there :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HeidinKarlHeidinKarl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The other thing is Savvy will let you take pictures of yourself in the gown...Eva's won't. However, Eva's didn't rush us, where Savvy did. Savvy's prices are about 20% less than Eva's....  
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Eva's. I went in there with a specific Maggie Sottero dress in mind.  They actually did not have that one in their store, but I found so many others tho try on! Savvy bride didn't have that many to try compared to Eva's. I ended up deciding on the original Maggie and Eva's went $50 lower than any other price that I got. They also gave 15% off of my bridesmaids and accesories.  I asked them why they dont have the designers on the dresses and they said because they are always being secret shopped by other competitors and customers who are just using them to try on their dresses and buy online.  I guess now I can understand after seeing how much they really do care about their customers! I love Eva's!! 
  • edited December 2011
    I had a negative experience at Savvy. I just felt rushed and not treated the way I felt I deserved.  I love Eva's Bridal.  I guess it really didn't matter to me that you don;t know the designer because you can try on the dress and see and feel the quality.  If you love it, you love it! They did explain to me why they don't have the designer labels on the dresses too.  They carry a lot of exclusive designers and I think the designers don't want the dresses copied.  Either way, the service was amazing and the prices were too.  They've been in business for over 60 years and I guess that makes me trust them more than a new company, too.
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress last night at Eve's.  I had a lot of reservations about shopping there and had heard some horrible things.  Let me tell you, they were GREAT!  I had a very specific dress in mind, they showed me that exact dress and verified that it was by the designer I liked.  One of the other dresses they recommended ended up being THE DRESS.  I say give Eva's a try!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Savvy.  I never felt rushed, they let me stand around in my dress as long as I wanted!  :)  However, I always went during the week, so that might have had something to do with it.  I also got all the bridesmaid dresses there because of the discount.  They were very accommodating (I had to come back 3 times because not all the girls could come at once) and they worked well with my out of town girls.  They did make a mistake when I ordered my dress.  They said I could get it in diamond white/silver, but it actually was an extra charge for that.  However, because it was their mistake, they took care of the extra charge for me!  I was very happy! 
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure which board or topic it was, but someone recommended Zita's in Whitefish Bay. THANK YOU. I have not decided for sure yet, Im going to one more salon in IL that has the designer I want to try (none in WI). I never heard of Zita's without the message boards and I am so grateful. Janet was amazing. She was real about the style and what is best for body style. I actually loved two dresses. Three days later, if I go back I know which one I will choose, but she was so patient. Very courteous, kind, not big on the upsale, and even told me I was "easy to work with"...? Zita's in Whitefish Bay (not far from Bayshore) is a WI place to at least check out. -L. J.
    Anniversary
  • jackie5387jackie5387 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also had a list of Maggie Sottero dresses. You can get a list off of Maggies website of local bridal stores that carry her dresses. Call a few places to see which stores have the dresses you like. I went to Savvy and will be ordering mine from there. I have received the best service there and I've gone to a few bridal stores to try on Maggies dresses. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards