Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor Questions

Did anyone planning an outdoor wedding change their minds because of weather concerns?My fiance and I want an outdoor wedding, but I'm a bit nervous because I don't want it to rain on my wedding.Mary

Re: Outdoor Questions

• It down poured on my wedding day. Actually it was pouring until about 20 minutes before the ceremony. We had a back up plan that neither me or DH wanted to use (it would have still been beautiful but we picked the place because we wanted an outdoor ceremony). Because the rain stopped just before, we decided to chance it and hoped for the best. It turned out perfectly. No more rain for the rest of the night. All I can say is that you should make sure there's a back up plan and hope for the best.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I compromised by having the ceremony outside & the reception inside.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • same here.. it downpoured with lightening and all about 45 min before the ceremony, but we waited and it passed.. then the sun came out. We were really lucky but had a backup plan to have the ceremony inside if it rained. We also had the reception inside. Rain was definitely a concern for me when looking for wedding sites, so I made sure to get one where we could have the option of bringing it inside last minute.
  • We are having our ceremony outside and our reception inside. This way, to avoid any potential rain, which could come, so we are planning only a 15-20 min. ceremony. Also for the opposite reason because of heat and humidity. It can get up to 90 degrees and higher during the summer here, and I don't want my whole wedding outside for this reason also. I say if you truly want an outdoor wedding, go for it. Make a back-up plan, just in case though.
  • Same here, ceremony outside, reception inside.  FI is the one who wanted an outside wedding, we compromised and are having the reception inside.  We got a beautiful venue for an outdoor ceremony though, so I would be very disappointed if it rained.  Our backup is in the ballroom of the venue, not ideal but it's a very nice room.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I’d say go with outdoor wedding if that is what you want just have a plan B. We’re having tent large enough for ceremony but setting up as lounge area for the night - few high top cocktail tables and couple 4 person tables & chairs. If weather is bad we’ll move chairs and arch into tent but no more then 20 minutes before because we really want outside. Reception under large open tent with plenty of room for dance floor, food, bar and wandering but can drop sides if needed. Like pp also attended outdoor wedding with tent barely large enough for guest tables. Food, dance area and beverages where outside. And like pp it rained ... not a fun experience - it was an early night!
  • Interesting post :) My wedding is in the Dominican Republic next Thursday and I'm kinda freaking out now. I was completely aware that our wedding date would put us smack in hurricane season, but I thought, what are the chances that there will actually be a hurricane?? Now with Erika chilling out down there, I'm starting to realize the chances are pretty good. We definitely have an indoor back-up plan, but who wants to go to the Caribbean and get married inside??? But, as they say, c'est la vie! Can't do anything about it, so I'll just enjoy it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards