Connecticut
Options

mother son dance

any ideas? FMIL is fresh out of them

Re: mother son dance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    "My Wish" Rascal Flatts"I Hope You Dance" Leann Womack"The Perfect Fan" Backstreet Boys"A Song for Mama" Boyz II Men"There You'll Be" Faith Hill"Because You Loved Me" Celine Dion
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a good list. A Song For Mama  Boyz II Men  As Time Goes By  Ray Anthony Orchestra  Because You Loved Me  Celine Dion Blessed  Elton John Close To You  The Carpenters  Do You Remember  Phil Collins  Don't Know Much  L. Ronstadt & A. Neville Forever Young  Rod Stewart  Glory of Love  Peter Cetera  Greatest Love of All  Whitney Houston  God Bless The Child  Tony Bennett  Have I Told You Lately That I Love You  Rod Stewart   Hero  Mariah Carey  I Am Your Child  Barry Manilow  I.O.U. (I Owe You Mother)  Jimmy Dean  I Remember You  Bette Midler  I Will Remain Your Little Boy  Chris Taylor  I Wish You Love Natalie Cole  I'll Have To Say I Love You In a Song  Jim Croce Memory  Barbara Streisand  Oh, Mother Of Mine The Temptations  One Moment In Time  Whitney Houston  So Much in Love  Art Garfunkel  Songbird  Kenny G.  Sons  Judy Collins  Sunise, Sunset  Fiddler on the Roof  Sunshine On My Shoulders  John Denver  That's Amore  Dean Martin  The Dance  Garth Brooks  The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face  Roberta Flack The Long and Winding Road  The Beatles  The Rose  Bette Midler The Wonder of You  Elvis Presley  Through the Years  Kenny Rogers  Times of Your Life  Paul Anka  Unforgettable  Nat King Cole  What A Difference You Made In My Life  Ronnie Milsap  What a Wonderful World  Louis Armstrong   Wind Beneath My Wings  Bette Midler You are the Sunshine Of My Life  Stevie Wonder You Decorated My Life  Kenny Rogers  You Needed Me  Anne Murray  You're the Inspiration  Chicago  You're My Best Friend  Don Williams  
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Great list Vicki!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we made FMIL a huge list and she decided to use none of them and found this on youtube...and now we have to figure out how to buy it for the DJ lolhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk6gdX1WCd8but it is a nice song if you want something original.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a combo mother/son & father/daughter dance to What a Wonderful World. If DH had danced with his mom alone, it probable would have been to Don't Blink by Kenny Chesney.
  • Options
    JBDamonMJBDamonM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH used "Isn't SHe Lovely" by Stevie WOnder. A little random info - Stevie wrote this song about his mother!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom & brother danced to "You'll Never Walk Alone" at his wedding (there are a million versions, so you can check out some different artists). Their second choice was "The Wonder Of You" by Elvis Presley. Just a note, though...definitely look up the lyrics of any song you may be using. There are a lot of songs that sound okay until you listen to the lyrics and realize they are more about "romantic" love than a mother/son relationship. :]
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ggmae - I like your idea of doing the combo mom / son and dad / daughter dance...I might just steal that for our day...
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    justmadi55justmadi55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MaryKatie3 My FI is using the same song for his mother son dance I think If you click on the the tcarter link on the right hand side of the you tube screen it will bring you to the site www.tcartermusic.com and you can purchase the cd for 12.99 directly from them. I love the song I know I will be crying! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards