Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

wedding dress??

Are you carrying your gown on the plane, or folding it into your suitcase? I was thinking of carrying mine and asking the stewardess to hang it for me????

Re: wedding dress??

• Options
    Just be aware that a lot of airlines have really reduced the number of closets available, so there's a chance there won't be room.  Which airline are you flying?  seatguru.com is a good place to look and see what the set up is for your particular flight.  
  • Options
    I am going to carry mine on the plane. I am flying spirit airlines and they told me that I could carry it on and it would be up to the flight attendant if i could hang it or it would just have to ride in my lap. I am kinda worried about flying with it but i do not want to do anything else with it. I hope this helps you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    If you can carry it on, do it.  But I'm shipping mine directly to Debi so I don't have to worry about it.
  • Options
    Depending on who you are flying they might not have a coat closet, like sun country does not.  Even if they do have a coat closet you aren't guaranteed to be able to use it- like if you're flying in the winter time first class will get to use it.  Anyways I carried mine on the plane but flew first class so that way I was guaranteed a spot for my dress.  But it didn't actually get to hang in the closet as the closets are really tiny and not tall at all....So it more like got squished into it.  It was fine as my flight wasn't that terribly long.

I know that some people have either shipped it down, some have bought it a seat, or just see what happens when you get there...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am flying southwest and it is not a direct flight. I think i might take the chance of having to fold it up in the overhead storage. I have heard good things about Southwest, hoping for the best!!
  • Options
    I'm carrying mine on as my carry on. I called Alaska Airlines to check.
  • Options
    I'm getting a wedding dress travel box to carry on, basically a box that meets cabin requirements with tissue paper to wrap it in. I don't think I could put it in a suitcase in the carriage as I'd panic x
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-dress-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:170e4308-081c-4dc2-8652-bacdc43726d4Post:3c7fd86a-31b9-455f-bc75-4fc78ac04f63">Re: wedding dress??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am flying southwest and it is not a direct flight. I think i might take the chance of having to fold it up in the overhead storage. I have heard good things about Southwest, hoping for the best!!
    Posted by KARLAR12[/QUOTE]

<div>The one thing I would recommend for Southwest is paying the extra $20 or whatever it is and getting the priority boarding, at least for you.  That way you get on the plane earlier than a number of other people, and will have more of a chance of finding an overhead bin before they get full.  Then you can choose your seat and save the one next to you for FI if he doesn't want to pay for the priority boarding.  </div>
  • Options
    that is an excellent idea klsatlin!!! Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards