Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

NWR: Comic Con?

I remember a Knottie who said that they were going to have a booth? and one going? SOOOOO. Who are you? Cause....I JUST GOT MY TICKETS! and I would always want to say Hello to a fellow Vegas Bride :)
2011-2012 Races
10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
Me:32 DH:33
IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)

Re: NWR: Comic Con?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yay!  it was me - i'm going!! 
    i wondered if you'd be able to get tickets cuz FI mentioned that they were releasing some.  would love to meet up!

lsvensson is the knottie who is going to have a booth there.  i had a note to myself to ask about meeting up as it got closer.  3 weeks!

edited because i was so excited to respond that my sentences did not make sense originally.  haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAHA! Well there is a link for 4Day/Hotel and they still had some! My DH is the best :) and yeah...are you in FB group? If so you can find me and the day your there we can plan to try and find her booth :)
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes i am in the FB group - i'll friend ya so we can keep in touch.

we will be at the convention every day - my FI has warned me that we will pretty much be spending from 8am til the end of the day inside the Convention Center, so I am sure I'll be around.  We are just starting to figure out which panels to attend as the info gets released. 

When I tell people we are going, I usually just say that we are going to San Diego so that I don't have to explain what Comic Con is all the time.  And everyone is like 'oh you will just LOVE san diego!  you should do this and this and this....' and i just laugh inside because I'm like 'well, we won't be able to experience much of it, other than the hotel and convention center!'  haha.  oh well, i still cant wait.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL! Well the 1st time we went I did what you did...now. I don't care! I am also going to make sure and map it out so I can go to a few panels this time :)
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so far, most of the panels i (we) are interested in are on Thursday and Sunday.  i sort of wish they were more spread out cuz i feel like we'll just be sitting all day.  but oh well, i cant wait to people watch.

FI just surprised me last night with a gift - a Game of Thrones tshirt to wear while we are there (he actually bought us matching ones - lol).  still no time listed for that panel, but i am hoping we can make that one work. 

other than that id imagine it'll be madness walking around the exhibit hall but im sure we can figure out a way to meet up somewhere!  we are facebook friends now, so we can easily get in touch.   :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY! Glad you found me :)

Umm..So. Where did you find the panel schedule? I would LOVE to get into the True Blood or Game of Thrones panel but figure those are most likely going to be impossible unless you camp out the night before.lol. Which I JUST might do! JK.
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah - we are really not sure which ones are going to have long lines or not.  We plan to sort of have a 'game plan' over which ones we are willing to wait in line for and which ones we aren't - we'll see how that goes.  True Blood and Game of Thrones are on our list, as well as the Showtime panel (for Shameless and Dexter), Ringer (because of our mutual affection for Sarah Michelle Gellar, who will be there), FI loves Spartacus and The Walking Dead, and then It's Always Sunny and Sons of Anarchy -- thats it on our list so far, mostly based on what has been announced.

I am a huge TV junkie and regularly view TV critics on HitFix.com.  That website also does all entertainment - movies and music too.  It has been posting Comic Con announcements as they come in. 

In addition to that, there are 2 websites that FI found that have been updating with information as it gets released.  Neither are very friendly in terms of format, but they at least help in letting you know some details.  Both of these are updated on a daily basis for sure.
    TV related:  http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/comic-con-2011-tv-shows-schedule/

Both Movies and TV:  http://www.seat42f.com/comic-con-2011.html

The Hunger Games won't be there = very disappointing for me.  I even convinced FI to start reading them so he'd be up to speed when I dragged him to the panel!

Twilight = I am a big twilight fan, however I will NOT be one at Comic Con.  FI tells me that Twilight fans are laughed at because they are not 'hard-core' and so therefore I will become anti-twilight for the week.  :)
  • Options
    Ch2ndraCh2ndra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww so sad I'm not going this year. Since tix sold out so fast.
    Vacation
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, I just got home from work and saw this!  I'm going too, but I'm working the show.  I work for a video game company called EA (EA Games, EA Sports...) and we have a booth there where we're showing a Family Game Night video game on Xbox 360 Kinect.  You guys should come by-- you can get your picture taken with Mr. Potato Head, haha.

I'm part of the FB group too, will post a little note about CC there...friend me! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Found you on FB! And def will want a pic with Mr. Potatoe Head:)
    2011-2012 Races
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *Tantrum*

We didn't try for ComicCon tix because H was hung up on trying to go to Blizzcon again this year *roll eyes*.  But, even if we had CC tix, it would have been difficult to go as I started a new job in May and H started a new one today *whew*.

So, I'll just live vicariously through those of you who are going :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_nwr-comic-con?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:293fb981-1a85-4cd6-966f-3bf8417d65e3Post:9bf149e0-09cf-45dd-8fb1-19511868615c">Re: NWR: Comic Con?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay, I just got home from work and saw this!  I'm going too, but I'm working the show. <strong> I work for a video game company called EA</strong> (EA Games, EA Sports...) and we have a booth there where we're showing a Family Game Night video game on Xbox 360 Kinect.  You guys should come by-- you can get your picture taken with Mr. Potato Head, haha. I'm part of the FB group too, will post a little note about CC there...friend me! :)
    Posted by lsvensson[/QUOTE]

<div>I would have your babies, if I could!  Not so much for EA (though I did play tons of Madden back in the Sega days), but because I'm an out-and-out BioWare whore.</div><div>
    </div><div>Please, if you see any FemShep cosplays, post pics on the FB group!</div>
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha I totally will, impslave!  I feel like there's got to be some decent Morrigan cosplay running around...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards