Oregon

Officiant Alert!

Hi ladies. I rarely ever get on theknot any more, but I figured that someone on here might find this useful. We selected our officiant, Rebecca Sanders from the Bravo wedding guide to marry us almost 3 years ago. After we were married I didn't plan on changing my name, so I never bothered to get a copy of our license. I wish, in a very bad way that I would have at least requested a copy of our license after we got married- name change or not in 2006.To make a really long story, I decided that after 3 years, it was long enough to get a copy and tried to obtain a copy. Through a series of phone calls to the Oregon State Vital records office and the Washington County records office, it has been determined that our officiant never filed/mailed her portion of the license. I contacted our officiant, requesting her for her filed portion, and my request apparently motivated her to, "clean her house" to look for it. ugh...As it stands now, there is no legal documentation that my husband and I were married 3 years ago. And... we're waiting for this woman to find our certificate. If she can't then we have to file some affidavits of sorts, and jump through some hoops.Moral of the story- even if you're not going to change your name, don't be dumb like me. Get a marriage license sooner than a few years down the road.

Re: Officiant Alert!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards