Second Weddings

Poll!!!Are you going on a Honeymoon?

Since we have all done this before are you all going on a honeymoon?We were going to go to Hawaii we talked about it and I told him I would rather start looking for a house.  We are going to go to big bear and rent a cabin instead!!! Cheaper for us and only a few hours away from where we live so no airfare.http://www.bigbearcoolcabins.com/

Re: Poll!!!Are you going on a Honeymoon?

• LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a family-moon.  Renting a big house in Keystone for us, the kids (age 16, 16, 18, 19), a couple of their friends, the best man, some assorted family who will be around for a few days, etc.  We already go on trips alone (backpacking, cycling, camping) and we need some family bonding more than we need to ditch everyone for a week.  It will be fun - lots of activities to do (or not) as everyone chooses.  Plus we can bring the leftover food and cake from the reception! PS - I love the term 'encore bride'!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a one-year anniversary honeymoon trip to Italy. We've always talked about it since we've dated, but won't be able to afford it right away. So, we chose to use it as our anniversary getaway. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I like encore bride have to say I like retread as well find it funny. Do you have twins as well?
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hell yes we went on a honeymoon!  Wouldn't have missed it for the world and desparately needed the time away after all the stress with moving and the wedding.
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hell yes going on a HM. Wanting to do Europe. Tossed between Italy&Venice ot Spain Barcelona or the Greek Islands. If thats to $$$$ Other ones would be Belize or Costa Rica.
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    edited December 2011
    Hi Pamila.  No twins; mine are 16 & 18 and his are 16 and 19.  High school junior & senior; college freshman & sophomore.  It's all good . . . I met my XH at the ski area in Big Bear.  ha. (I like 'retread' too)
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a Weddingmoon.  Got married and stayed at a place in Key West.  We were there for a couple of days before the wedding, then spent a week at the same place, then went to the Tampa area for another few days.  I highly encourage a honeymoon if you can afford it. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011
    We did a cruise to Alaska.  It was the first time I had been away from the kids for any extended length of time to vacation- and it was heavenly!   Took about 3 days post wedding to really unwind (and adding jet lag to that was an issue!).  We already had 2 houses...so we had crossed that bridge.  A house is pretty important, and I might choose that over an expensive honeymoon as well. ~Donna
  • edited December 2011
    Lespaul.  All of ours are Ugh 16,16,16,13,11 & 10 yes I am insane!
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    edited December 2011
    wow.  and I thought we were nuts!  ha.
  • wildangel2189wildangel2189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes we are but not right away we are getting married in Nov and going on a cruise to Mexico in Dec. (we got a better deal by waiting)
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing 5 nights in Jamaica and I cannot wait.  We will get to celebrate New Year's there !
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Going to the Bahamas. He's never been there (been everywhere else in the world) and it is delayed until after my 7 year old son is out of school (well, "our" son even though he is not his biological father, he took the job). :)My son is going on his own little vacation during that time so he will be happy.
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely!  I've never had a honeymoon and he's never been married.  We're doing it all!  We will be spending 6 nights at Aventura Spa Palace in Riviera Maya, Mexico.  I cannot WAIT!!
  • edited December 2011
    Chiming in late here..... He is planning (and paying for)the HM. I'm hinting a beach HM (we live in the midwest, and I love the ocean) hopefully Hawaii? We've talked about going to Hilton Head as well.
  • ZoolooZooloo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not go on a honeymoon for my first wedding, so I'm excited to be going on a nice trip this time. We're going to Italy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Planning Bio - A Total Work in Progress...
  • edited December 2011
    I'm super late to this thread but just reading a lot of old posts lately. :) Anyway- we are taking a honeymoon.  The Canadian Rockies.  It is FI's favorite place to hike and he really wants me to see it.  (I have told him that I don't plan to do any hiking on our honeymoon though!)   There are quite a few resorts nestled in the mountains there, so I think we are going to be doing a tour of those...hopefully staying in the honeymoon sweet at each one, but of course that is up to him since he is paying/planning. :) 
  • edited December 2011
    we are going camping in a tent!!! in upstate NY. We love it there and it couldnt be anything too expensive so were camping! People give me strange looks when i tell them but i dont care. we love the outdoors. And since we are getting married in a month the leaves will be changing. Hiking, kayaking, exploring, mountain biking. I cant wait!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards