Maine
Options

Help Me Plan My Honeymoon

My Wedding is Nov. 7th of this year. We'd like to leave on the 8th for anywhere from 4 to 6 days. It seems I've been looking forever and I'm getting diassapointed. We have $1000.00 to spend, so either including airfare or not flying is also an option. Any ideas! TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help Me Plan My Honeymoon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the SAME problem! I am overloaded with decision making and was having a hard time deciding. I just today booked our honeymoon. I booked 3 nights at the High Pointe Inn in Barnstable, MA which is on the Cape. I'm not sure where you live, but this is about a 6 hour drive for us. Lots of beaches, bike paths, shopping, dining, spa treatments. It was a little expensive but we were really only able to get away for a few days, so it seemed worth it.I'm not sure of you and your fiance's interests, but you could always work your way up or down the Maine coast, hiking, shopping. There are so many little towns that are beautiful! I do know there are cheap flights to Bermuda (roughly $129 round trip from Portland). I'm not sure about hotels, but that was another option we were considering, and still are for late winter! Have you looked into all inclusive hotels? Sometimes you can get good deals on those as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well to get the most bang for your buck, you could wait until December and take advantage of this amazing Travelzoo offer that I just found - it's $499 per person for a 6 night Ireland vacation including airfare, a rental car, and breakfast everyday. If you waited until December that might give you enough time to save up a bit of spending money and money for food, etc. There are a few "hidden fees" like up to $130 pp for airport taxes and transfers but even so, for 6 nights in Ireland, I'd say it might be worth it...There's also a Disney vacation offer going on right now for travel between Nov. 29th and Dec. 17th where it's $470 pp for 5 nights at a Disney resort including a 5 day park hopper pass and 2 meals and 2 snacks a day. Obviously the transportation would be an issue, but you could probably find cheap airfare to Orlando, or a bus or train might cost less! Both of those options end up adding up to probably a bit more than your $1000 in the end, and they aren't your ideal travel dates, but they are both really good deals for the cost. Closer to your budget, there's an Oregon Wine country resort vacation that is $89 a night which is per room not per person and includes dinner for 2 and breakfast daily. Each night after the first night is $69 a night mid week. If you could find airfare for less than $250 pp that would be in your budget and it falls during the time you want to travel. I definitely recommend that you sign up for the travelzoo.com and kayak.com weekly travel deals emails and you'll find quite a few great, affordable travel deals.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    money is tight for us too, so here's what we're doing.After our wedding, we're sneaking away to Newport, RI for a few days.  Six months later, during FI's April vacation (he's a teacher), we're going on a "real honeymoon" still to be decided - but someplace tropical and beachy.  This gives us a getaway now, but also time to save up money again and time to relax and come down from the just-married whirlwind so we can fully enjoy our honeymoon trip, without any wedding worries still hanging in the air. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I should note that I'm doing pretty much exactly what chayer is doing. We're staying in a camp on a lake for 2 nights after the wedding and then in probably February (or whenever we get our tax returns) we're going on a typical week long tropical honeymoon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    try applevacations.com!! All inclusive vacations are awesome!!!  My friend went to Mexico for like $500 bucks for 7 days and this was before the swine flu!  We booked ours there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards