Greek Weddings
Options

Greek music

I will most likely hire a DJ service. From what I remember of the past weddings i have attened the DJ's didn't have their own greek music. Any suggestions on where to get some to loan our DJ?I'm not too familiar with greek dancing is there any how-to video out there to learn from?

Re: Greek music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are in the same boat of needing to provide our DJ with some greek music.  We are asking some friends of FI that are big into music and one is even a DJ that wasn't available to do our wedding. You could try and YouTube Greek dancing ?!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you can youtube it. is it hard to find a DJ that is Greek or Greek-American where you live? Someone they hire for your church dances or the festival....this way they are familiar with the Greek and American music?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    tiger where do you live? my bestfriend is in NY he djs at a bunch of clubs. he does greek and american music. you might be better off having a dj that is the best of both worlds....

My Randomly Updated Planning Bio
    EVERYTHING FOR SALE- JUST ASK!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see your wedding is in Chicago, thats where the Greek DJ I know is from!!  He just does it part time but he just did the wedding I was at a few weeks ago and he is great at it and just a really good guy!   I will search for his email address if you would like it?!?!I know where I'm from, Sioux Falls, SD there are no greek DJ's in the area.  I do have a DJ that has done some Greek weddings, we just need to provide him with the music we want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your suggestions. You've been a big help :)
  • Options
    erinandstelerinandstel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone know of Greek/American DJ's working in the South Jersey-Philadelphia area?  And ditto on the Greek Dancing video...Also if you go on ITunes, someone made a huge playlist called "Greek Wedding Music," though make sure you have someone bilingual look at the titles before you agree to play them.  A couple of them were explicit (though funny).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards