Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Pittsburgh Athletic Association vs. Grand Concourse

We are trying to decide between the Pittsburgh Athletic Association and the Grand Concourse for our venue.  They are similar in price so that is not an issue.  I am looking for any feedback good or bad about either venue.  We are going to have about 150 people and many from out of town.  I'm looking to hear any feedback about either venue.  Thanks!

Re: Pittsburgh Athletic Association vs. Grand Concourse

• Options
    I like the PAA setup for a wedding better - easier for guests to see each other/talk to each other and a more established dance floor.  GC is very pretty on the inside though.
  • Options
    I agree with MD. I have heard amazing things about PAA's food as well. Definitely a much better setup.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I saw PAA set up for a wedding before while attending another event and it's awesome.  I just met someone from the Grand Concourse at a bridal show and she just...rubbed me the wrong way, I don't know.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My reception is going to be at the Grand Concourse so I'm a little biased, but when I looked at the PAA this summer I wasn't  blown away. We were between the GC and the Renaissance Hotel,  but ended up picking the GC because it's a much more unique venue - not the typical square room with a dance floor in the middle that is typical of weddings. Our only concern was and has been the size of the dance floor, but after looking at other venues it seems pretty comparable in size. We also think the food will be good since the GC is a restaurant. 

Basically, we wanted somthing unique, memorable and beautiful and, for us, the GC was the only venue that filled that criteria. 
  • Options
    thanks for the feedback everyone.  we just booked the pittsburgh athletic association.  i loved both venues and it was a tough decision but we loved the idea of an afterparty in the same place which paa can do.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards