Pennsylvania
Options

Destination Wedding vs. Traditional wedding

I'm have a dilema on my hands. I cannot decide whether to have a destination wedding or a traditional wedding at home. As long as I can remember I wanted a destination wedding. I initially started planning a destination wedding and planned to have a party back home when we got back, but some things happened along the way and now I question what to do. Does anyone have any advice that can maybe make this decision easier for me? I know not many people would be able to attend a destination wedding, only the ones that really matter and I am completely okay with that (my fiance, on the other hand, would like the entire world at our wedding). I also really want to do all the tradition things, like first dances, father/daughter dance, cut the cake, etc. and I'm not sure how to go about that if I'm having a party back home, is it tacky to do all that after your wedding day? Suggestions and advice please! :)

Re: Destination Wedding vs. Traditional wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly how your feeling! I really wanted a destination wedding and my FI wanted all his friends and family to be able to attend. If you have always wanted one and your ok with only a few people being able to come then I would say do it. You just have to be sure in ten years your not gonna regret not having a big traditional wedding. There are destination wedding that have small receptions after where you can still do cake cutting, first dances etc. We are ending up with a traditional wedding and now that we have been in the planning for 8 months we both wish we would have done a small destination wedding with a small reception back home.
  • Options
    lklee82lklee82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the insight! I'm definitely worried about regretting now doing what I want, but I have to remember there are 2 of us and we both need to be happy. What a decision!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can always have a destination vow renewal... but probably not a traditional wedding. Just something to think about. :) Good Luck! <3
    ~*Megan*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards