Canada
Options

NWR: fall/winter weekend getaways

Anyone have any recs for a great, cozy resort within reasonable driving distance from Toronto (2 hrs let's say) for chilly weekend fun? Bonus points for a spa and outdoor hot tubs.

Re: NWR: fall/winter weekend getaways

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cottage is in Muskoka and the new Marriot - Red Leaves just opened this past winter. I've been there a few times for dinner and it's really nice. We actually looked into getting married there at one point but they are all filled up for next summer alraedy. I haven't been to the spa but my future mother in law really likes it - it has an outdoor pool and hot tub but I'm not sure if they are open in the winter or not. They have timeshares to rent or you can stay in the hotel portion. I've been in a room with a fireplace as well visiting family friends, which would be nice for winter. I'm not sure what the prices are like, but it's worth looking into! It's just over 2 hours from downtown Toronto. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    prostarr19prostarr19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a place in Midland called Tucked Inn the Harbour. We're heading there probably sometime in November.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been in years but Bayview-Wildwood is absolutely gorgeous and their food was awesome. I remember them having some great Fall/Winter weekend getaways.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks for the ideas guys!
  • Options
    Elle71Elle71 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I love to pop over to Niagara and stay at the Sterling Inn....a little pricey, but if you got to expeida you can get some decent deals sometimes. They have spa facilities, an amazinf restaurant, walking distance to the falls....The rooms are amazing and we always come home feeling relaxed and rejuvinated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards