Oklahoma

I Love You, Man

Okay, so has anyone seen the movie, "I Love You, Man"?

That is kind of the situation I am in.  My fiance is an amazing, personable man who is so kind and genuine with everyone.  But he has moved around a lot with his parents being divorced - all over Texas and Oklahoma.  He moved here in 2007 and was mainly working and going to class.  He didn't really meet a lot of people or make that many great friends.  So now we have really no groomsmen basically.  He said he thinks he is going to ask his dad and his two cousins and just keep it in the family.  But his cousins are 12 (maybe 13) and 6 (maybe 7).

So, this doesn't necessarily bother me.  I honestly couldn't care.  I have four bridesmaids.  Three of which I have been great friends with for years (5 years, 8 years, and 16 years) and then his sister.  My main concern is that I'm just worried for my guy.  I want him to have friends he can hang out with!  I'd love for him to have a group of really great guy friends and I just don't know how to encourage that!  Help!

Re: I Love You, Man

• edited December 2011
    I have seen that movie and love it actually.  My FI is the same way.  He doesn't really have that many friends.  Sounds terrible!  His GM are his gpa, stepdad, uncle and cousin.  I am glad that's the way it worked out.  I love them all
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing lopsided wedding party.  My FI is the same.  He moved to Oklahoma in 2008 and has really kept to the friends he's made at work.  He's an only child who isn't close with any family, I don't have any brothers or anything.  As it stands right now, he has 1 on his side, I've got 2 on mine.  I really want to add a third (and a fourth) but I haven't yet  They guest list is heavily lopsided because I have  huge close-knit family, and I don't want the wedding party to be that lopsided too.
  • lwoods1923lwoods1923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one....My FI is wonderful, but he's also from a divorced family that moved around a lot and a transplant to Tulsa.  So far I have two bridesmaids and he has one GM- his brother. 

"Lopsided" wedding parties are one idea.  Another would be to have your three friends as your bridesmaids, and then have his sister be on his side instead of yours.  You could make her dress/flowers a different color to differentiate???  Just a thought. 

I want my guy to be happy too, and I wish I could help him meet friends.  Maybe I can convince him to take up a sport??  Best of luck, and keep us posted if you figure something out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards