Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal Dinner Invitations?

If you are having the rehearsal at the hotel where the ceremony and reception are being held, and a rehearsal dinner in a different location ( a restaurant), do you need to send out invitations? Or, is is a word of mouth type thing, do you just let everyone know yourself.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Invitations?

• edited December 2011
    If you need a firm guest count and therefore an RSVP, I would send out an invite.  If you don't need a headcount until the actual dinner, a phone call/email/evite is sufficient.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent invites to RD for our son and SIL for several reasons:the RD was actually before the rehearsal:  we had a backyard "picnic" and then the people involved in the rehearsal went to the church.  Since I was having most of the food catered, I needed an approximate head count for ordering.We invited all OOT guests in addition to the WP.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can but you don't need to send RD invitations.
  • edited December 2011
    I sent RD invites because I needed specific numbers for different dinner choices - it also helped set the tone for the evening (as any good invitation should do). I wish more people would send out invites because too much info given through word of mouth (think the game telephone from back in the day) can proove to be problematic. It also helps people to know the dress according to the formality of the invite, and as a general rule, the more details you provide yourself, the more comfortable your guests are because they know your expectations up front.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards