Honeymoon Discussions
Options

destination weddings

we have been thinking about have a destination wedding, however it would just be the 2 of us since none of our family or friends would be able to afford it. i have talked to a lot of women who wished they had done what im planning. they say it would have saved them a lot of money and stress and they would have been able to enjoy their day more.  but i want to know if there is anyone out there who did it and how they feel about it now.

Re: destination weddings

• Options
    I did not have a destination wedding but kinda wish I was now...planning is very stressful.  There is a board under wedding theme boards for destination weddings so you might find the answers you are looking for there.

Good Luck :)
  • Options
    We went to Vegas to get married. It was the 2 of us and my sister & BIL. Best decision we ever made. We had everything we wanted and then some, save a lot of money and did not have to deal with all the stress and family drama that we knew would arise.

We had a chapel that had live webcast so anyone who wanted to watch could. We had a lot of people who really liked that idea. We have NO regrets about our decision and had a great wedding.
  • Options
    i LOVED having all of our friends and family around us for our wedding and wouldn't do it any other way but i could see the attraction to a DW too.
    it's really up to you.

• Options
    thanks guys! its such a hard decision! and im definatly going to repost this on the other board too!
  • Options
    I had a destination wedding and NONE of my husbands family was able to attend either because they didn't have the money or didn't want to spend that kind of money on the trip. Only my parents from my family attended and a couple of our friends made the trek.
    I personally wanted a small wedding so I didn't mind that there weren't a lot of people around. You can alway do a reception when you get back with both families that a little more cost effective vs a wedding reception that gets pricey really fast.

I personally wouldn't change it for the world and not having to stress about the expenses, especially in this economy was the best decision for us.

Best of luck in your decision making process.

http://gopackandtravel.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards