Florida-North Florida

Gainesville brides

I still need recommendations/reviews for a DJ, caterer, and alterations.  I have a meeting scheduled with Innovative Entertainment and have heard good things about Jay's, although they're about $150 more expensive.For caterers, I'm considering Terranova and Chef Brothers but am open to suggestions that are budget friendly.  We're expecting 75-100 guests for our reception at the Thomas Center.Thanks!

Re: Gainesville brides

• brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Gloria's Custom Fitting and Alterations.
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard a lot of brides in Gainesville use Gloria for alterations. I used Jay's Entertainment for my DJ and they did a fantastic job. I was very pleased and they were extremely professional. Rodney (one of my DJs even made sure my dress was fluffed and the train was straight before I walked down the aisle.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! Another Gainesville bride!We are also having our reception at The Thomas Center.  We are using Celebrations Catering.  I highly recommend them.  Erica at the Thomas Center pointed me their way.  She described them as "practically living there".  We are working with Erin, but Leah is also fantastic.  They will work with you for any budget.  Also, they only charge you for the number of guests you have, not the actual number o glasses or plates that they bring.  And they let you have total control over the menu.  Just bring them a recipe, and they will make it happen.
  • katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Innovative Entertainment! I was very pleased with their prices and he seemed to provide exactly the type of service I was looking for. Our site, Sweetwater, provides the catering so no recs there sorry. Where are you getting married?
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! Both our ceremony and reception are at the Thomas Center.  GatorD, do you mind giving me more info on how Celebrations' pricing compares to other places? Their menu online didn't really have any wedding package pricing.  Many people have recommended them, but they said it would be a week before anyone called me back to even set up a meeting.
  • edited December 2011
    Sure thing.  Email me at danielle.l.hatch@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Celebrations, they are the best caterer in Gainesville hands down!  Not only is the food great but they are very helpful and stayed at my daughter's wedding till it was totally over AND they also packaged the left overs for the guests to take.  That made up my mind and I decided to use them for my wedding as well. Oh and my reception is at the Thomas Center too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards