Florida-North Florida

Stressed... Ceremony site...

So, we went down to Friendship Park to look at it again since initially booking it. Our intentions were to create a diagram/drawing for our DJ, florist, chair rental company so that they would know where to set everything up.Well, since booking the park, the city has since decided to create hills in the park.  It appears they have buried a septic tank or something. So, our flat park that was perfect for an outdoor ceremony and chairs, has now become our latest headache.  Our solution we have created is cut the # of chairs by 1/3 and have standing area for guests that can stand. The ceremony will be about 20 - 30 minutes, so those standing won't have to for long, but still... Would you be annoyed if you had to stand for a few minutes at a ceremony? We really have no other option at this point. Uugghhhhhh...

Re: Stressed... Ceremony site...

• jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be a little annoyed if I was in heals and had to stand. I don't know the layout of the park so I can't really offer any help on the layout. Good luck figuring it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG! I am so sorry that happened.Is there no other area you could move the setup to? Unfortunately, yes, I would be pretty put out if I showed up to a wedding and was ushered to a standing area behind people sitting. It would be one thing if it were kind of a hippy wedding where everyone would expect that and sit on the ground or whatever, but if it's a regular ceremony that people are dressing up for and a half hour long, that seems to call for chairs.
  • OSheasOSheas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no other area... already sent out invites w/ location... it is in 27 or so days at this point...
  • duncanpowersduncanpowers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, no, I just meant, shifted to the left a little, or whatever. I'm sorry you have to deal with this so soon in the countdown. It never ceases to amaze me how the city changes things with contracts on the property for upcoming events and neglects to tell them!
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any pictures you can show us? Maybe we can come up w/something creative. Yes...I would be a little annoyed by not having a seat... but I would also not think twice about it later. I've had to stand for ceremonies before BUT...they were beach weddings where we all kicked off our shoes and stood in the sand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think having only chairs for some guests is somewhat rude. Can you reconfigure things any other way?
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that is weird! I was strongly considering having my wedding at the same place next year. Hopefully we all can come up with a solution.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards