Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Best waterproof mascara

I don't care about length or volume since I will be wearing false lashes anyway. What I need is the best waterproof protection possible. Suggestions?

Re: Best waterproof mascara

• Options
    thrasymachathrasymacha member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loooove L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes -- there are primer and mascara parts that form a polymer tube around your lashes. It sounds weird but lasts through tears and humidity and swimming. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My all time fave is Mirenesse Secret Weapon which is one of the original tubular mascaras. Looove! I've also tried Kiss Me's tube mascara, but it gave me spider lashes... Not the best look...  You should definitely check out [url]www.makeupalley.com[/url] for tons of reviews. HTH
  • Options
    sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My all-time favorite is L'Oreal Full N' Soft waterproof. I've tried others but always go back to the full n' soft. Makeup forever used to make an awesome one too but I can't find it anywhere!
  • Options
    sunshine1084sunshine1084 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And by L'Oreal I meant Maybelline....so much for brand recognition.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Diorshow waterproof - they have just the right amount of product on the wand so you don't get clumpy, and I never get any smearing or flaking. GL!
  • Options
    scubascaffscubascaff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to second the Dior Blackout (I think its called). It seriously has a religious following. Personally, I use the Cover Girl orange tube waterproof stuff- I love it! But I love it because it is mega volume, mega black- (which you obv said you dont need!) But stays on throughout all of my diving and surfing adventures. Its a biitch to get off though, lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Buxum. It is my top pick any day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    erilou - Dior waterproof is awesome! That's another one of all-time faves. :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JBs - do you ever have trouble getting it all off though? Sometimes I'm like, dang, this is so good, I've got it on for 3 days... doesn't rub off on pillows though! Ha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never had a problem taking it off. I only use Shu Uemura cleansing oil (the green kind) for my makeup removing needs. It kind of smells like vegetable oil but it works! No tugging or anything. Love!  It's even good if you have oily skin because since oil attracts oil it'll pull excess skin oil out of your face, but not all of it so your face is dry after cleansing. Only downside is that it's expensive, but it does last for 6 months, so you CPU (cost per use) is pretty low. (Can you tell that I'm a serious makeup and skincare junkie? Before wedding message boards it was makeup and skin stuff message boards... lol)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JBs - oh, I'm a total makeup wh*re. You'd never know it from looking at me on a daily basis (glasses and ponytails for work, ha!). I have eye problems, so I can't wear eye makeup every day anymore, boo! I've never tried any Shu Uemura stuff but have always wanted too!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely give it a shot! :o)  I bought the smaller size first to see if I liked and now I'm totally hooked. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards