New Jersey
Options

Roll call!

We haven't done one in a while, so here goes!

Names:
Wedding/Anniversary date:
Church/Venue:
Where you met:
Furbabies:
Random fact:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Roll call!

• Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Joanna & JamesWedding date: 11-4-11Church/Venue: St. James (Basking Ridge) / Ravello'sWhere you met: Grad schoolFurbabies: 1 incredibly sweet cat named GuinnessRandom fact:  My family lived in Hong Kong when I was little, I learned how to count to 10 in Cantonese and it helped me skip kindergarten when we returned to the U.S.
    Here's my furbaby with the flowers he gave me for Mother's Day :-)

• Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Names: Siobhan & John

Wedding/Anniversary date: St. Patty's Day - 3/17/12

Church/Venue: The Graycliff

Where you met: Texas Arizona- a bar in Hoboken

Furbabies: We'll he's kind of a spiky furbaby.  We have a hedgehog named Orion Pax that we just adopted on Saturday.

Random fact: I'm a special ed chemistry teacher.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Dana & Simmie
    Wedding/Anniversary date: 12/31/10
    Church/Venue: The Brownstone
    Where you met: Match.com
    Furbabies: we just got a puppy on Sunday.  He is a Westie named Remy.  So excited!
    Random fact: I did the Walt Disney World College Program and loved it so much I stayed there for 2 years.  It was the best job I have ever had and I wish I could move back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Allie and Chris
    Wedding/Anniversary date: 10/1/10
    Church/Venue: St. Teresa's in Summit/ Grand Summit Hotel
    Where you met: Through a mutual friend
    Furbabies: Nathan, Daschund, he's just about 8 months old
    Random fact: I interned at Regis and Kelly when I was in college so I have gotten to see where each of them live. and i've had to do bank deposits for them too
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SmidgerSmidger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Michele & Dan
    Wedding date: July 30, 2011
    Church/Venue: Craig Chapel at Drew University/The Manor
    Where you met: We met the new old-fashioned way...online!
    Furbabies: For my birthday in February Dan got me our super-mutt Jacob!!!
    Random fact: Aside from us meeting online, my Dad, my brother, Dan's father, and Dan's mother all met their significant others online too! (5 couples total!)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Felicia & KeithWedding/Anniversary date: 6/26/10 (11 days away Yay!)Church/Venue: The Ocean PlaceWhere you met: A Movie Theater Parking Lot :)Furbabies: Honey Bunny, he's a crazy rabbitRandom fact: I open my own business as 20, it was one of the best experiences of my life.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Jennifer & Christopher
    Wedding/Anniversary date: June 24, 2011 (9 days!!)
    Church/Venue: St. Ann's Church, Hoboken/ The Venetian, Garfield
    Where you met: In college at Montclair State
    Furbabies: 5lb yorkie named, Bailey Tartufo
    Random fact: We love to travel and are going to Greece, Turkey and Italy for our honeymoon! I lived in Itlay for 6 months, so excited to show him what I know...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Katie & Chris
    Wedding/Anniversary date: 8/13/11
    Church/Venue: Spring Lake Manor
    Where you met: Online :)
    Furbabies: A Husky named Madison..
    Random fact: Im jealous my fiance is better at crafty stuff then me :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Kerry & JayWedding/Anniversary date: July 16, 2011Church/Venue: Flanders ValleyWhere you met: At my first job out of collegeFurbabies: A beagle, Abby, she is 11Random fact: I skipped the 2nd grade. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Kristen and Joe
     Wedding/Anniversary date: May 14, 2011
    Church/Venue: St. Cecilia's Church, Englewood/ Ramsey Country Club
     Where you met:  match.com
    Furbabies: 
    Tebow - he's almost 2 1/2!

Random fact: If I'm just ice cream, then multi-flavor is the best (cookies & cream, cookie dough, etc.) if the ice cream is in a sundae, then it has to be plain vanilla.

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Karen & RafaelWedding/Anniversary date: 11/12/11Church/Venue: St. Francis Glen Ridge/Michael Anthonys Jersey CityWhere you met: EharmonyFurbabies: None yet, but hopefully soon!Random fact: I make nearly all of our food myself, granola bars, bread, rolls....all from scratch. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Nicole & Adam
    Wedding/Anniversary date: August 20, 2011
    Church/Venue: The Crystal Ballroom
    Where you met: Myspace
    Furbabies: None
    Random fact: Of all the messages I received online from random guys, FI was the only one I EVER responded to. It must have been fate!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    kozacskozacs member
    edited December 2011
    Names: Stephanie and Andrew
    Wedding/Anniversary date: November 19, 2011
    Church/Venue: The Atrium
    Where you met: Halloween party
    Furbabies: Not one of my own yet, but my parents have a doberman named Sal
    Random fact: I have no decorating skills, so FI has picked out everything in our condo. 
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Cindy & Brian
    Wedding/Anniversary date: September 23, 2011
    Church/Venue: Richfield Regency
    Where you met: Myspace
    Furbabies: Two cats, Zoe and Taylor
    Random fact: We are going to Ocean City, Maryland for vacation tomorrow!!
  • Options
    buttrflyahbuttrflyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names:   Ashley & Manny

Wedding/Anniversary date:  October 13, 2012
    Church/Venue:  The Seasons

Where you met: At College

Furbabies: The sweetest 2 year old English Bulldog, named Corona!
    Random fact:  FI and I drive the same car... same make, model and color, just different years... which is pretty cheesy.  So if people make fun, I tell them we won the cars on a radio contest.  Which totally isn't true but it shuts them up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Amanda & BrianWedding/Anniversary date: June 25, 2011 (10 DAYS!)Church/Venue: Voorhees Chapel/Neshanic Valley Golf CourseWhere you met: Working at Target in high school - we have been together for almost 8 yearsFurbabies: None because our condo doesn't allow it :-( Can't wait to move and get a kitten!Random fact: FI and I are both die-hard Mets and Cowboys fans...since we live in NJ, I know it was fate :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names:  Alyson and Jeff

Wedding/Anniversary date:  October 15, 2011

Church/Venue:  St John's in Bergenfield/The Manor

Where you met:  We "met" when he sent me a message on Myspace while he was deployed in Iraq, we emailed/im'd for 6 months until he was home on leave and met face to face. 

Furbabies:  None

Random fact:  We are getting married on my mom's birthday.
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_roll-call-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:2b6b287c-15e4-40d2-b2a4-94b23c8e8ed9Post:4ded4c04-b658-402b-97c6-d0f7781482e6">Re: Roll call!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Names: Nicole & Adam Wedding/Anniversary date: August 20, 2011 Church/Venue: The Crystal Ballroom Where you met: Myspace Furbabies: None Random fact: Of all the messages I received online from random guys, FI was the only one I EVER responded to. It must have been fate!
    Posted by cutiepie12702[/QUOTE]
    That is pretty similar to how we met.
    I had been using Match.com to try and meet people, but had never talked to or met anybody from Myspace (nor was I looking to).
    He randomly sent me a message on Myspace, and something made me read it and respond to him. Normally, I would've just deleted the message, or told the person to leave me alone. Don't know why I decided to respond to him, but we started talking on the phone, met a week later, and the rest is history. Its been 4 years since then!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names:  Andrea and Robert
    Wedding/Anniversary date:  November 11, 2011
    Church/Venue:  St. Rocco's Union City/The Wetsin, Jersey City, Newport
    Where you met:  We met in Highschool when I was trying to ask one of his friends to Prom.
    Furbabies:  Princess Wasabi a 1yr old Japanese Chin
    Random fact:  we both love to shop!

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Kalagh & Dan
    Wedding/Anniversary date: 11.4.11
    Church/Venue: St. Peter's in Essex Fells/ Westmount Country Club
    Where you met: We've known eachother since we were like 10!
    Furbabies: Jersey a 5 year old Pitbull/Beagle mix that I adopted when I got my first apartment after college. She is my little Jersey Girl=)

Random fact: FI and I had mutual friends in middle school and high school but it was until after college when we started dating (4 years ago) that FI and I realized we had actually played rec soccer together when were were like 10!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Sherri & Anthony
    Wedding/Anniversary date: 10.30.10
    Church/Venue: Our Lady of Peace/Bridgewater Manor
    Where you met: HotorNot. And I couldn't even make that up if I wanted to!
    Furbabies: Flyer, 5, Greyhound
    Random fact: My dog looks like a cow and used to race at a track called Dairyland in Wisconsin
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_roll-call-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:2b6b287c-15e4-40d2-b2a4-94b23c8e8ed9Post:25a1440f-51ac-402a-a392-188282286ee7">Re: Roll call!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Names:    Ashley & Manny Wedding/Anniversary date:   October 13, 2012 Church/Venue:   The Seasons Where you met: At College Furbabies: The sweetest 2 year old English Bulldog, named Corona! Random fact: <strong>  FI and I drive the same car... same make, model and color, just different years... which is pretty cheesy.  So if people make fun, I tell them we won the cars on a radio contest.  Which totally isn't true but it shuts them up!</strong>
    Posted by buttrflyah[/QUOTE]

<div>This is awesome and hilarous.  </div>
  • Options
    kellybee83kellybee83 member
    edited December 2011
    Names: Kelly & Dennis
    Wedding/Anniversary date: 7-15-11 One month from today!! Eek!
    Church/Venue: Immaculate Conception Church in Somerville
                              The Palace at Somerset Park
    Where you met: I worked with his now brother-in-law who had been dating Den's sister for a few months.  I had met her a couple times, and they still swear they emailed each other the same time on the same day both saying they should set us up.  I wanted no part of this as I hated getting set up, but after MUCH persistance from his BIL (and after refusing to go on a blind date) I agreed to meet up with the three of them out in Morristown one night.  They wanted me to come for dinner, but I said I would just come for a drink after.  We've been together ever since! (Almost 4 years) Soo glad I went that night!!
    Furbabies: none yet, I want a puppy badly! 
    Random fact:  I walk on my toes, but don't realize it.  Probably because I danced for so long when I was younger.  Sometimes when I'm walking around the house barefoot, FI will come up to me and push my shoulders down.  haha. 

Photobucket
  • Options
    altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Theresa & Dave
    Wedding/Anniversary date: We met in July 2007, engaged July 2010 and getting married Nov 4, 2011
    Church/Venue: Il Villaggio, Carlstadt, NJ
    Where you met: We were introduced by a mutual friend and I met him at Jenkinsons in Pt Pleasant, we were both there to see the Benjamins play
    Furbabies: none :( . . cant have any in my complex even though we all own but its a co-op and the board wont allow any although I wish we were allowed. . . I get to live through my parents dogs and my sisters dog

Gucci & Prada:

Leo:

Random fact: Im usually a very decisive person but ever since planning the wedding, i second guess myself and my decisions a lot. Im one of those people that dont generally find the planning process enjoyable and in hindsight wish we had a much shorter engagement. That said, I CANNOT WAIT for our honeymoon LOL
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Names: Denise & Joe
    Wedding/Anniversary date: 10/1/10
    Church/Venue: Ravello's
    Where you met: We used to work together as teenagers
    Furbabies: Pumpkin and Sasha

Random fact: H is an awesome cake decorator and everyone was appalled that he did not make our wedding cake.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Carolyn and Jack
    Wedding/Anniversary Date: August 7th 2011
    Church/Venue: Perona Farms
    Where you met: At College University of Hartford
    Furbabies: Pearl, our 2 year old cat who likes to think she is anything but a cat!

Random Fact: We told eachother we wanted to get married 1 year after we started dating, but didn't make it official or tell anyone else until 3 years later!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    98 image Invited to celebrate!
    57 image Will be attending
    6 image Will be missing out
    35 image Can't Find their mailbox

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Don't like to share online

Wedding/Anniversary date: 7/17/11 (just over a month away!)

Church/Venue: The Manor in West Orange

Where you met: On the train (NJ Transit)... it was actually exactly like the commercial where the guy is on the train platform and the woman is on the train and he decides to board her train after their eyes meet (cheesy, but 100% true in our case)

Furbabies: None

Random fact: I was in Sports Illustrated magazine when I was in high school (nothing special... just the "Faces in the Crowd" section)  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Alysse & ScottWedding/Anniversary date: 8/27/11Church/Venue: Twin Brooks Country ClubWhere you met: At a bar where my best friend and his best friend workedFurbabies: None, but I really want a beagle so I'm hoping we can get a dog shortly after the weddingRandom fact: I am the biggest sports fan. Bruins game 7 tonight... GO BRUINS!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Names: Maria and Dan
    Wedding Date: 11/25/11
    Church/Venue: St. Philip's in Clifton/Westmount Country Club
    How we met: At college...we lived on the same floor freshman year
    Furbabies: None...after the wedding, maybe.
    Random fact: I'm left-handed and slightly prejudiced of right-handers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Names: Jessica and Jarred Wedding/Anniversary date: April 21, 2012 Church/Venue: Sacred Heart/ Bridgewater Manor Where you met: Plentyoffish.com Furbabies: none yet but waiting for our pup to be old enough Random fact: I'm the first of 8 of my cousins getting married within the year!
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards