Rhode Island
Options

people who don't RSVP are killing me

7 days left and 98 still out there! I'm welcoming the NO's...c'mon people I don't care if you can't come just let me know!!!!!ok..vent over! I will alway RSVP in a timely manner to anything...the waiting is killing me! Alot of things depend on what type of #s we get!

Re: people who don't RSVP are killing me

• Options
    MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's so annoying and inconsiderate. In the end, we had plenty of people that never did RSVPd.
  • Options
    Dannie138Dannie138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have about 30 and the date is the 1st. :( Including the MOH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    None of our siblings (4) have rsvp'd yet.  I think some people just don't have a clue!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have 36 and my date is the first also. I can't remember how many we were missing a week out. I am still missing two from my bridal party! I hope they plan on coming!!!!
  • Options
    mbulance1mbulance1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is REALLY frustrating. I'm between having 9 tables and 10 depending on how many 'no's we get, so it's very important(centerpieces... chairs... favors... etc!). I have 36 outstanding, but I'd say HALF of who IS RSVP'd is because I did it for them(wedding party, close family), or a third party told me they're sure they would attend! I've casually asked several people who say they don't know yet. Some of these are traveling 8 hours-it's in a month, you haven't decided yet? Why hold onto an invitation for 2 months before responding(several have said 'oh I lost that card a while ago'). So far, I really don't have any 'no's, but there are about 5 I'm quite sure wouldn't come due to their age and the distance.... like you said, I don't mind if the answer is 'no', I just need to know. Do you guys also get the party of four invited, then ONE or two RSVPs with a 'yes', leaving the others a mystery? UGH. The other frustrating thing is that I had to leave out many, many friends and now wish I'd have invited them instead of the people who refuse to RSVP. These people would have loved to get an invitation. My family does not understand what the big deal is. "you can add some meals" and "people assume you know they will come", they say. Irritating! Skye
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually decided to give the centerpiece away to the person who rsvp'd first at each table.  I am going to write their name very small on the back of the table names.
  • Options
    mbulance1mbulance1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What an awesome idea! I love rewarding good behavior... but at this point(I have two full tables seated with the charts made out)I don't know who was first... darn! We are doing a fun little quiz to win the centerpieces-they are intricate dioramas and were a lot of work. Two questions are really easy, two are really hard, and the rest are in between. I don't think anyone could get all of them correct! Skye
  • Options
    chixfilachixfila member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amen to that sister (literally) :) I will ALWAYS rsvp right away for the rest of my life after dealing with it for my wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I dealt with the same thing and the bridal party assumes you already know they'll be there so they don't bother.  People who refused to send an RSVP but made it known to others they were coming I just ordered for them.  I will also always RSVP to everything some people have no consideration.Don't worry about the 98 who will be missing out their loss:)Jessica
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    fosterlizfosterliz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As of our cutoff date, we had about 20 that didn't respond.  I had to call 4, and FI had to call the others.  Out of all of them almost all were coming.....ARGHHH!!!!! Anyway, you'll have to call them if they don't respond.  Otherwise your seating plan will be all messed up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards