New York-Long Island
Options

Montauk Yacht Club

Hi all!  Love these boards!  I'm getting married in Montauk Sept. 18th 2010 so psyched!  I'm writing however to know if anyone has any personal experience with the Montauk Yacht Club (MYC).  I LOVED it when I went to look at it but the only wedding reviews I've found are two not-so-great ones from 2008 where one person wasn't thrilled and the other cancelled b/c they went through a million wedding planners.  I met with the two wedding planners two months ago and loved them but when I called yesterday they said they were no longer there and transferred me to a new person.  I don't like the fact that they might have high turnover.  Please help if you know!

Re: Montauk Yacht Club

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm I don't have any experience with them, but that would make me nervous, too. Maybe call the general manager and ask about it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! My FI best friend owns a DJ company in LI and says that the MYC is amazing. I have never been there, but maybe you should check it out and judge for yourself. Someones horrible review could be completely irrelevant if you love the place and feel comfortable with the site and coordinators :)
  • Options
    lm3898lm3898 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Thanks so much!  I think I'm probably just second guessing myself.  I have already seen it & fell in love...put the deposit down & everything...I'm just getting worried now that they've already fired/lost whatever the two wedding planners (that were part of the reason I booked in the first place).  That, coupled with the two reviews I found, is making me nervous...so I was hoping for something good...you've made my day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! From what I understand, MYC is going through a transition period with ownership and renovations. Hopefully all everything will be iron out by then. If you getting married out on the East End you should give east end entertainment a call. I am going with them for my ceremony, cocktails, & reception.
  • Options
    SarahMcCabeSarahMcCabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am an East Hampton-based event planner and am planning a wedding at the MYC club for next May.  If you would be interested in speaking with me about my services, just let me know!  My email is sarah@eventsbylux.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards